cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool Administration:Restrict Printing at user level...!!!

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a role and assign it to the user in which I restrict the min. no of pages to 1 & max.no.of print pages to 2 pages in the authorization object S_SPO_PAGE (assign manually).

I also created parameter : rspo/auth/pagelimit = 1 in Instance Profile by RZ10 and restart the server.

I have to add the above parameter in which profile(Default/Instance/Start) ..??

But it does not take the effect; it prints the entire document, not the edited one.

Please guide me...!!!

Regards,

JUNAID

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

I believe this is the same question as in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3679720 .

As Manu mentioned, there was a bug for evaluating the page limit parameter in some kernel versions. If your kernel version is not affected by this problem, you can see in transaction RZ11 whether the rspo/auth/pagelimit = 1 is accepted by the system.

The other point which needs to be checked is how the page numbers are entered for S_SPO_PAGE, because it is very case-sensitive.

S_SPO_PAGE requires leading zeros for the page numbers. This means that it is not enough to write e.g. 1-5 in the authorization, the correct form is:

0000000001-0000000005

This means that your next steps are:

1. See whether the kernel bug in Note 1401767 affects your system
  2. If not: see in transaction RZ11 whether rspo/auth/pagelimit = 1 is accepted by the system
  3. If yes: ensure that the page numbers in S_SPO_PAGE precisely follow the 0000000001-0000000005 pattern
  4. End users still need to log off then log on after each S_SPO_PAGE change to cache the new authorizations.
  5. If end users are still able to print other pages than specified in S_SPO_PAGE: make an authorization trace in transaction ST01. Usually it happens that a profile overrides the limitation of another profile. The reason is the authorization concept of R/3: if an authorization has a higher value, it will be automatically taken (instead of a lower value). For example: if one of the profiles of the user has S_SPO_PAGE = * , it will automatically override the S_SPO_PAGE 0000000001-0000000005 authorization. This should be seen in the ST01 trace.

Just to avoid any misunderstandings: these limitations won't hinder the creation of the spool request, only the printing. The reason is to not to cause any application problems when S_SPO_PAGE will be reached: applications might suddenly stop due to this authorization, which might have catastrophical consequences in workflows. To avoid this, S_SPO_PAGE is only evaluated during actual printout (and not spool creation).

If these points are all followed and yet the problem still appears: a much more deeper analysis is required. Sorry, but please consult with a Basis administrator, as the problem is much more complicated.

Best regards,

Laszlo

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the reply and kind consideration to my post.

In my case: Kernel version is- ECC 6.3 Patch level-4.

Can we do the above settings with this patch level.If yes then please guide.

Reply...

Regards,

JUNAID

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid ,

Can you go to transaction SM51  and click on release notes and send the screen shot

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here is the screen shot.

Please guide ...

Regards,

JUNAID

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid ,

You are in the affected kernel  release  and your Kernel is also out of support from SAP .

Is it possible for you to upgrade to 7.21 EXT

1629598 - SAP Kernel 720 will replace older kernel versions

1975687 - SAP Kernel 7.21 (EXT) replaces SAP Kernel 7.20 (EXT) as standard kernel in Q1/2015

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I tried,system takes the value of rspo/auth/pagelimit=1 after restarting the server.

But when i print any report it prints the entire report not with the edited parameters.

( I restrict user to print only 5 pages of any report).

It does not take the effect of restriction of spool.

Please guide me..

Regards,

JUNAID

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid ,

Please let us know  your Kernel version

Adding  the parameter to all your instance profiles  is fine .

Please read section 2.4 of the following Note and check whether you have applied the limits correctly

119147 - Spool: Authorizations

Also read and check whether it ie releavet to your kernel

1401767 - Page limitation for printing does not work

Thanks ,

Manu