cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WM: Consider both "consignment" (K) and "not consignment" stock as available for TO creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We have a big issue in our Warehouse Management stock removal process.

We are using a "Block Storage with SU" storage type, with FIFO removal strategy.

In this storage type we can have "consignment" (K) and "not consignment" stock in the same bin. (The physical process is that when the forklift driver takes one storage unit that is "consignment stock", we will transfer it to "not consignment".)

We are creating the transfer requirements using the LP11 & LP12. When we create the transfer order, we need the system to consider as available all the stock in the bins, both the "not consignment" and "consignment" stock. But as the transfer requirements are for "not consignment" stock, the system is only considering the not consignment stock.

We have tried the "MWMTO004 Own stock removal strategy", but in the EXIT_SAPLL03A_005 function, but it seems that the quantities of the T_QMAT table can only be decreased, not increased.

For example, I have a transfer request of 5 UN and I have in the bin A0001:

- Free (not consignment) stock 4 UN

- Consignment stock 1

I want the system to create a transfer order of 5 UN for the bin A0001. In the user exit, I can only see as available 4 UN in the T_QMAT table and if I manually modify the quantity from 4 to 5, the system does not consider the change.

Can anybody help us with this issue?

Thank you very much for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you had a look on standard SAP Stock determination logic. i belive you can achieve this by using the standard SAP stock determination logic. Please have a look on the below mentioned link also you can find multiple thread on SCN search with term "stock determination in sap"

Inventory Management and Physical Inventory (MM-IM) - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help!.

We have tried using the stock determination functionality. The system creates a TO with 2 items, one for "K" consignment stock and another one for the "free" or own stock.

But what we need is just one item, everything for "free", own stock. I mean, we need the system to consider the K stock as available for a TO created for "free", own stock.

Yours,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you expect something from the system which can only happen later or earlier.

How shall SAP know that it has to move this stock from consignment to unrestricted use in WM?

You are only doing warehouse operations, they are not related to valuation, this is at the upper level in MM.

so you either need to do a transfer posting in MM from consignment to unrestricted use, followed by the PCN and then you can pick only unrestricted.

Or you consume in MM directly from consignment and it will create liabilities, still you have to pick consignment stock in WM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we will to the PCN from K to "free", but only if the forklift driver takes one unit of stock that is in consignment.

The issue is that this is a big floor bin, "Block Storage with SU", where we can have many units in consignment and many "free" and the diver can take any unit.

So if he takes a "free" one, ok. If he takes a "K" one, we will do the PCN process.

But the issue is that as our TOs are without "K" so SAP is only considering as available, the stock in the bin without "K". This is, in some circumstances SAP will tell us that there is no stock but we have a lot of units in "K".

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe there is an option, unfortunately I have no way to test it myself.

The stock determination can be combined with WM picking strategy. In OSPX customizing transaction you define whether WM is dominant.

Since the advantage of block storage is that you can pick and introduce the SU when doing the confirmation, there might be a chance that you can pick consignment stock. For more info see OSS note 365570 - Stock determination in LE-WM

and the IMG docu right in front of the stock determination strategy   

Former Member
0 Kudos

After some tests we will probably follow this approach.

Thank you very much for your help.

Answers (0)