Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard XSD & Issue in import

prem_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing an PI interface to US Food & Drugs Administration (FDA) for submitting medical devices information. US FDA has provided a XSD & expecting the XML in that structure. When I import the XSD (attached as a text) as external definition into PI there are few elements which are marked as red & those structures become infinite recursive (attached is the screenshot) and not able to use them in mapping which gives Java Heap Size error.

Is there any way this behavior can be corrected with the XSD? Any pointers on this will be helpful.

Regards

Prem A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is duplicate structure in xsd. that is the reason it is showing in red color.

Cross check with respective team who gave you xsd structure on this, ask them to provide correct xsd, or you can manually delete these duplicate data with their confirmation (traslation tree which repeated two times based on your screen shot)

Thanks,

Sruthi.

prem_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

Thanks for your response. The XSD is a complex one which has lots of references & internal types being used. The structure I have shown is not only repeated twice but it goes on infinite times recursively inside that structure. I have tried to modify the XSD without affecting the structure but has been failed so far. This XSD is a standard one provided by the US FDA & it is a standard content from 2012. I don't think its a problem with the XSD but the way PI ESR reads the XSD.

Regards

Prem A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then it will be issue with heap size. Below links may help you.

http://scn.sap.com/message/6329683#6329683

http://scn.sap.com/message/940889#940889

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

I am also trying to do this using the xsd from FDA and encounter the same issue. How you were able to resolve this? Your response is much appreciated.

Cheers!!

prem_a
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Eng,

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

I think you should use a dummy XSD and do the mapping with Java Mapping or XSL. With message mapping, as Eng pointed in the thread, you will need to determine a specific number of recursions.

Regards.

juan_vasquez2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

See external references tab...

if you are using an external structure you must to use import option, and if the external definition is an URL you need to save it as a file

Menu tool, import external definitions

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prem

XSD with recursive node is supported in PI but has certain limitation when used in a mapping. Check out the thread below of dealing with recursive XSD in PI.

Rgds

Eng Swee