cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Complex Table Search Dialog Field Width

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we are using Complex Table Search edit type , we can not set search dialog field width. As you see, there is only one field to show but column width is too short for text length. How can we set search dialog field width?

Best Regards,

Serkan DEMIR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Serkan,

I have exactly the same issue , I'm not sure if create an incident in SAP since for me it seems a bug that you can't control that, but as you can see I found some kind of work around that requires the user to know that he can do that.

Copy&Paste from my own thread:

I discovered that if user double taps to the column header, the width will be adjusted to the longest text displayed. Maybe it will be enough for my case, but I think developers should have a way to control that... it is not too obvious for users that they can do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marçal,

It's very interesting but tapping double times to the column header increased the text width. But users will not accept this type usage.

Thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marçal,

It did not work Android Client 7.0.5.7 but works fine on latest Android Client 70.6.0.7

Best Regards,

Serkan DEMIR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Guys,

True that this cannot be controlled from the editor definitions, but some versions of Android allow a double-tap on the column header to expand it.  Others will allow a double-tap and finger slide to the right that will expand the width.  The client may also remember that column width when the same dialog is presented the next time.  That is the way it used to work on the Windows clients.  Not sure if that was added to the "Smart" clients.  I agree that this should be definable in the editor.  You will need to file a change request with with SAP to ask for this functionality.  The more people that ask, the quicker it will get done.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP