Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing Standard Webdynpro POWL component

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert's,

I have a requirement to enhance Standard Webdynpro component EAMS_WDC_JOB, which makes use of POWL component. My requirement is to change few description's and remove couple of standard button's as highlighted below. I went through some link's, but not getting an appropriate solution. Can someone help me to solve the issue ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please set a break point in INITIAILIZE method of CL_POWL_MODEL and execute your WD application. The parameter I_APPLID in the initialize method will give you the powl application id. For this application id,use the tcode POWL_QUERYR to get the powl queries mapped to it. For changing the tab strip heading go to t-code POWL_QUERY and change the description of the powl query you obtained in the previous step. Also you can get the powl type. Go to t-code POWL_TYPE and get the feeder class for the powl type. In the feeder class, enhance method IF_POWL_FEEDER~GET_ACTIONS in order to change the button texts(the buttons before Print version).

Please try and let me know if it works.

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sowmya.

I need to hide/remove the standard button's 'Print Version' and 'Export'. Is there any way that we can do that ?

Best Regards,

Gaurav.

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gauravm,

Have you checked the below doc.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/90838640-02b9-2d10-71a2-

c3eb6b881574?overridelayout=true

Also, there is another way. Try to run your application in Personalization mode and then go to the required UI element and make the field visibility status to false.

Else refer this SAP Note : 1368133 - POWL: Enable Configuration Hide Settings Link in ALV table.

BR,

RAM.

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramakrishnan.

But, the changes are not straight forward as it is mentioned. The base component had made use of another and within that the powl component has been made used and within that another component. Even deep copy is not helping here. If you were able to modify the mentioned component configurations as per my requirement, then please help by letting me  know.

Best Regards,

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Can you check and tell us if your application configuration is EAMS_WDA_JOBLIST_OIF_CFG. This configuration is under package EAMS_UI_JOBLIST. The related powl configuration for this is EAMS_WDC_JOB_POWL_DYN_VAR_CFG.

I tried to change the Comp.configuration EAMS_WDC_JOB_POWL_DYN_VAR_CFG(under package EAMS_UI_JOBLIST). You just have to uncheck the enablePdfPrinting and enableExcelExport as suggested in other threads.

I tried by unchecking pdf checkbox and as you can see in screenshots attached the button is hidden. Please try this and let me know if it works.

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sowmya.

The configuration that you pointed me is an Standard Configuration. I had a look at that earlier, but deep copy of configurations is failing, because this configuration became Obsolete. I have it as an last option to modify standard and would like to go through custom configuration, which is the base of FPM concept.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Yes of course, you have to do deep copy and make changes in the custom configuration. What issue do you face in deep copy? What has become obsolete? Can you explain.

SAPSeeker
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

As shown in the below screenshot, the component EAMS_WDC_JOB is not having an option to copy the corresponding configuration. Whereas, it has a configuration named EAMS_WDC_JOB_POWL_CFG. It is under this component, the POWL_UI_COMP and it's configuration should be displayed.

Also, the application configuration EAMS_WDA_JOB_POWL_DYN_VAR_CFG has description 'Not in use'. When i tried to put the above application configuration and component configuration in FPM_CFG_HIERARCHY_BROWSER to deep copy, it is not accepting to copy.

Last option is to customize the standard configuration. I am able to customize it in my sandbox system, but not able to do so in development system. ie, when i right click the application and select 'Technical Help', i am seeing Component Customizing option in my sandbox system, but non in development system. Do you have any idea, what kind of roles should be assigned or what parameters should i pass to enable component customizing ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please check this link for activating administrator mode.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/4B/C1BCA00D8147D68E1F3A9F28CDC686/content.htm

I don't have any idea about the roles required. Normally you can choose 'Test in administrator mode' option for the application configuration.

Then right click on the button/text you want to change and choose 'Settings for current configuration'. Here you can make changes and save in a transport request. You can event revert back if needed.            

This has worked for me in other application configurations. But I am not sure if it works in EAMS_WDA_JOB_POWL_DYN_VAR_CFG.

Try and let me know if it works.

KK07
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try adding FPM_CONFIG_EXPERT=X default parameter in own data of your profile. This should give you the options for modifying the required configuration

Answers (0)