cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling FPM app. from webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have an FPM application(it's FPM OVP application, specifically payslip in ESS), which I need to call in my webdynpro application. Everything is fine under these conditions:

• I have only one view where FPM is displayed
  • in component controller (method WDDOINIT) is created instance of used component FPM_OVP_COMPONENT

If I want to display FPM application in another view, where user can be navigated by some button, only PAGE_HEADER of component FPM_OVP_COMPONENT  is displayed.

Why is displayed only  PAGE_HEADER, and why I cannot create instance in component controller WDDOINIT method? Is there any way how to call this FPM application from webdynpro application?

Thanks for help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

there are some limitations with embedding FPM. The problem is that FPM navigates dynamically into the UIBBs, but if the FPM_START event is raised (in OVP comp controller method BEFORE_NAVIGATION) in or after the Web Dynpro navigation phase, FPM's dynamic navigation cannot happen anymore, and hence you only see the static part: the page header view. It may help to navigate into FPM invisibly in some roundtrip before, and then set the visibility to "visible" when necessary.

Regards, Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for the answer. I made it as you said, with changing visibility of ViewContainerUIElement, where FPM application is displayed at the beginnig of application.

Answers (0)