cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the ODS scripts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, SAP gurus!

I have a question related to data transfer from WIP to ODS. Say, I want to move/copy a table from the WIP database to ODS. As far as results here in the forum are concerned, I found several posts and some pages in the Help Portal about scheduling of ODS scripts. I found the scripts on my local machine, but I don't know how to use them. How do they work and can they be used for data transfer? Is this the right way?

I realize this might be a beginner's issue, but I would be glad if any of you could provide me with more detailed information/examples as the SAP documentation wasn't of much help to me.

Thank you in advance!

Greetings,

Yavor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yavor

Have you tried the How-To Guide for ODS? How-To Guides - SAP Manufacturing Execution (ME) - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Yes, I have already read the document. It explains quite well which scripts to be run for which operation, but I still don't understand which parameters, for instance, should be set in the script's code and where exactly in order to perform a more specific operation. The guide also mentions that names or IDs of primary ME business objects are required. But what about databases?

I think 1-2 examples in the guide would've made matter more apprehensible.

Thank you very much for the reference, though!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configuration of ODS scripts are done in 2 main ways:

1) changing the ODS rules (Section 5.3 of the guide)

2) selecting which ODS scripts to run, and when/what frequency

In general, unless you are debugging or trying to process a huge amount of WIP data, there is no need to edit the scripts for any reason.

The database is completely created by the CTC wizard during installation (at least in version 6.1 and later).