cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-mapping - carry on the mapping in case of errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I've recently been tasked with developing quite a few multi mappings ( 1:n - I am only talking about 1:n below) recently. In case an error happens like index out of bounds or even a value mapping not found (and having specified that it should throw an error in case no value was found), the execution halts, even if there are ( or were) messages correctly generated in the whole multi mapping. I understand the reasons for this.

My question is: Is there a way to actually generate the correct messages in the multi mapping and still report an error / alert / whatever for the ones that have not been correctly mapped? I guess the answer is no, but I guess it's still worth asking.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I think its possible.

Just check the fields where you want to check,and if field is blank you can raise alert through RFC.

May be this link can be of help to you.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-...

Regards

Naveen

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for all the answers, very useful. Have a great day.

George

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

According with Naveen suggestion, you have more options to raise an alert and to send an email:

Regards.

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

I think this should be possible, as long as you have a nice validation logic and capture errors in a separate message and trigger an email using that message. So, basically you populate this message when there are error records

Assuming Message1,2,3 as per requirement so Message4 structure will be extra to trigger email

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

AFAIK - there is no way that other message are passed when one message is in error of multi mapping. One of the design which i used in passed is write the error message into separate interface (one more output structure of multimapping) and don't populate the message/structure which is having problem (value mapping not found etc.).

regards,

Harish