cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOXI 3.1 SP7: IE11 has slowed the reports

0 Kudos

Hi,

We have BOXI 3.1 SP7

We have a problem related with Deki and Web Rich Client. Some users are using both programs with a Windows7 + IE11. He detects the reports are so slow after the change from IE8 to IE11.

We made a test with a Deski report

• last 10 sec on the machine with IE8 (JVM 1.6.0_18)
  • more than 10 minutes on the machine with IE11 (JVM 1.7.0_51)

Any idea?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what exactly is slow ?

Opening of the report in Infoview or refresh of the report ?

Those are 2 different workflows .

0 Kudos

Hi Denis,

We're using the Deski aplication with local reports.

Opening the file has normal time; when we try to refresh the report we find the difference

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Viewing refreshing Deski report in deski client has nothing to do with version of IE installed on machine as neither IE nor JVM are part of the workflow.

The refresh time will depend on network connection between that machine and backend boe servers and db (if you're using 3-tier mode actual refresh is on BOE server and in 2-tier mode actual refresh is local, data comes from report DB directly)

0 Kudos

I'm not sure about the independence between IE and Deski Client, since the client is connecting using an HTTP protocol to the server.

In fact, to try to reduce (or even avoid) the Job Already in use error, we used to make a change on the windows register related with IE keys, to extend the time-out limit on IE

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deski client in 2-tier mode will connect to server via http protocol, but will not use IE itself for that.

It uses general machine's network setup and libraries.

In any case - I doubt its the IE version that makes a difference here.

0 Kudos

We're very worried because the users must change to a Windows 7+IE11+JVM 1.7, and after that change all users related a poor performance. The users still uses Windows 7+IE8+JVM 1.6 works normally.

What do you think could be influencing?

What could be the reason for this behavior?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you'll need to enable traces for Deski and see where the time is being spent, or you can run wireshark and http trace for the same and alternatively you can also open support Incident with SAP and have a real investigation and help with first 2 options.

0 Kudos

SAP told me "the issue you have submitted falls outside of the scope of SAP Active Global Support " disappointing

I'll try to enable the trace...

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Send me the Incident number in private message, I'll see why they said that.