SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurations in FI-CA to execute the payment run.

vijay_chanchlani
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

We have the FI-CA component installed in our SAP system.

Could you please guide us on all the configurations and steps that will be required to execute the payment run for FI-CA component(FPY1).

We want to create a DMEE tree for FICA payments similar to that of AR/AP payments and generate a payment file for the same using the payment run program.

Would appreciate your inputs.

Regards,

Vijay.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay.

There are several types of payment run you can do using FPY1 (for example refund customers for overpayment or request direct debit payments). Configuration depends on what you want to do. You can also combine payment methods.

Maybe this document can help you, despite its country-specific in some of its parts:

Marko

0 Kudos

Hi Marko,

Thanks for your response.

I have been through this link already and have these configurations in place.

I feel this document in and itself is not complete for running the payment run, as when I run FPY1 it doesn't pick the open items and I get G/L related issues.

Also, as far as I know, we have to do both credit and debit payments using the payment run in FICA.

Could you please help with the configuration steps accordingly.

Regards,

Vijay.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay.

The document is complete as for its title. Its not, nor was intended to be, the FPY1 cookbook.

There are several customization areas that you would have to go through in order to have the payment run fully functional:

- business partner bank accounts (which you can do after you have entered needed bank details and settings)

- incoming and outgoing payment methods (once defined, you need to assign them to the contract accounts)

- clearing accounts and accounts for payment program (again, depending on your business scenario, you might need to use the clearing accounts in order to correctly post clearing and payment documents; you need to have those accounts open in your chart of accounts)

- mark documents for repayment or create documents to retrieve payment for (depending on your type of payment run: incoming or outgoing, you need to have such documents / open items; you could also check the payment terms configuration before doing this)

- payment medium and DMEE files (you said you already covered that part)

- payment run itself (there are sets of parameters that you might need to check in order to get the correct payment run going)

Hope this helps.

Marko