cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Mail Sender Adapter deleting Mails after Read

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Recently I have configured Mail to File scenario for our Client where PI will read Microsoft Office 365 Mail Box and it will pick the attached PDF Invoices and push them to a network folder...

The scenario is working however the emails are getting deleted after PI reading emails... We are using POP3 transport protocol to connect mail box.

Could you please help me to identify the root cause and possible solution to over come this issue?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions...

Regards

Rams

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could also relay mail through another inbox if you cannot get the adapter to cooperate with the setting Eduardo pointed out.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rams,

Please check these threads, you need to use IMAP to control on delete behavior.

Regards,

Praveen.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rams,

AFAIK - POP3 will delete the Mails from Mailbox once it reads it. You can do the following:

1. Add some Poll Interval in ur Sender Email Channel (1min or so)

2. Create a Local rule in the Mailbox to Fwd the New Mails to some backup Email ID mailbox, so that once PI POP3 reads it, you still have the copy of email in backup Mailbox.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar

akshaykumarmd333
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Azhar,

In mail sender adapter I unable to delete mail from mail box.

Scenario like I down loaded attachments in mail and kept in directory using sender mail adapter and receiver file adapter successfully..

Now I want delete mail from inbox and move that mail to archive folder in mail box. How to handle this scenario.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rams,

not sure if POP3 protocol allows you to mark a 'not delete' behaviour at the adapter after processing them...

wait for the experts to shed some light here...

Cheers,

Edu