Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete project/network from assembly processing

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi'

We have a situation where we have created a contract line item with an assembly material = we have a project and network created.

But - the material is wrong and we want to delete the contract line item and create a new line item with another assembly material.

I know it is possible to delete the line item - but the project is still not deleted and it is not possible to create a new line item.

I cannot delete the project because it has connection to contract line item (but I can delete the line item anyway - strange but true).

How can I solve this problem in the contract?

Best regards

Lone Würtz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

If you are doing assembly processing, you will not be able to physically delete the item from sales order or put a reason for rejection.

You have to do the following things one by one.

1. Change the user status of the network to "Locked" or set a deletion flag at the network header level. Doing both is better. You can also set the system status to TECW or any other status which prevents account posting (costs) on the network or network activities

2. Do the same status change for WBS element also to a status like TECO / TECN where no financial / cost postings are allowed.

3. If you use status profile at project level, change the  system status of the project to CLOSED.

4. Once these three are done, you can just add a reason for rejection for the relevant line item in the sales order / contract. Now system will allow you to do that.

Finally you can add a new item to create another project / WBS / Network etc.

Hope this helps.

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi' Navaneetha,

Thank you for input

I am able to delete the line item directly without any reason for rejection.

I have tried your scenario, but still I cannot create a new line item with assembly processing material.

The new material want to create a project with same "contract number" as the one which was closed. By that reason it is not possible to create a new project, because the number is "occupied". SAP want to try to include the new project in existing, but that is not allowed when it is closed - and if it is not closed it is still not possible because the new material are connected to another standard project than the one saved in table PROJ for the project.

Reagards

Lone

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

With help from a ABAP-consultant we have tried to supress the error message CN503 and then delete the project completely.

After this we delete the line item and add a new line item with new material.

We are about to test this flow all the way through, to be sure we have no errors.

Regards

Lone

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lone,

you can delete line item from sales order system will automatically mark the related WBS as deleted.(Deletion Flag)

then create new line item in same sales order and this will create  new WBS and structure below.

thanks

Sunil

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi'

When I delete the line item, the Network are marked as deleted - but not the WBS-elements.

If I try to create the new line item after deletion of the old, I get this error message:

"Project TM-40102872 is allocated to standard WBS TM-00000008."

The material I want to add at the new line item is connectec with standard WBS TM-00000009 (another standard project and WBS)

Then Im asked to enter WBS acct. assng an billing WBS. I can choose from existing operative (not templates/standard WBS)

After this input I get an error:

"Error when processing Network

Message no. V1380"

I can only choose "Exit" and I leave VA42 without any changes

I have tried to mark the old WBS-elements with status deletion flag - and the old Project Definition the same. But I still get the same error messages.

I need to be able to deleted the old project completely.

I cannot delete the old Project/WBS because the network is allocated to them.

I cannot remove the allocation between network and WBS (no changes are possible because the network still have connection to a deleted line item).

Im feel Im in a deadlock

Regards

Lone

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

kindly check whether objects are linking with each other PS and SD then remove PS object from SD object then mark deletion flag in SO line item system will allow. then create new line item as per business requirement.

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi'

Thank you for your suggestion I need some further help.

The objects are linked because of the assembly processing. The materials are connected with standard WBS/Network in CN08.

At VA42 - line item - I can remove the WBS-element from the tab page Account assignment.

Is that what you ask me to do? I do not know how to remove the link between the network and the line item.

I Status tab page at the line item I do not have the possibility to set status deletion flag. How can I do that?

The changed I have made are not enough - the link between the network/project and line item are stil there and I cannot create new line item with new project

Regards

Lone

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you know still link is there then why not you delete those link as i explain above otherwise you can not delete line item without removing link.

2nd thing however system will allow to create new sale order with new project/wbs if you are not able to do that then share what error you are getting while doing this.

Regards,
Sanjeev

former_member1139057
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I wrote - I need further help.

I do not know how to remove the link and how to put deletion flag at the line item. Can you explain for me step by step?

I can create new SD-order with other material - but not a new line item in the same SD-order as long as the link between the line item and the project exits - and I do not know how to remove this link.

Please help with step by step guide.

Regards

Lone