Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corresponding database value for "Complete" step

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am trying to set a step( hard coding ) for a derived role .  The step that I want to hardcode is "Complete".

I was looking over the table GRACSTEPT to find out the step for the description "Complete" , but the value is not present there.

Can you help me with another table where I can find this value? Or you can tell me directly the step that correspond to the "Complete" description.

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

I used badi:

BADI_GRAC_ERM_MASTER_TO_DERIVE ,

Which is called exactly after the submit/save when a derived role is created.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

that's great - glad to see you found a BADI you can call - it'll make life easier during SP and upgrades

can you please mark you question as solved

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Complete will happen once you have completed all of the steps.

It's not a specific step you need to enter

For example, if you remove Approval and go through the steps then once you finish the last step and press save Complete will show as the status.

Regards

Colleen

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your answer, but for me as a developer, I need a value for that complete phase, so I can set directly after I create a derived role from a single role. Do you know which value should I set in this case?

Thank you,

Ovidiu

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ovidiu

**disclaimer: I am not a developer**

Please do not directly update tables - especially SAP standard as you can never be certain that you have capture all steps that are checked on a role change. Also, when SPs and upgrades happen the table structures could change (ask the ABAP space on that one).

In relation to what you need to achieve, my recommendation is that you look at the Mass Role Update webdynpro in NWBC. You can perform role changes and it provides an options for Methodology whereby you choose to let it continue to the next stage or complete. Put a break point in your code and debug to find out which function module/API (I'm not a developer so whichever bit of code) is used to perform the "Complete" step

Once you do this, call this function module in your custom code instead of a direct update to the table.

This way any other role validation checks or updates will also be performed.

BRM Org Value Maps and activities were designed to overcome people writing direct updates to AGR_1251/1252 tables in the ABAP systems. Let's try to avoid direct table updates here.

Regards

Colleen

P.s. once you discover the function module it'd be great if you could update this thread and share your solution.