Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Management Administration Console

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the ramp-up version of WAS 6.30. I am trying to run the User Management Administration Console directly on the WAS using the address:

http:///useradmin

The service starts, but I appear to be in a display view of the current user profile.  (I can also go into modify view, but I can only modify that current user.) Also of note, the navigation pane on the left hand side of the window is blank.

According to the documentation, I should be able to create new users, create and maintain roles, etc from this view, but I see no way to get there.

Can anyone tell me how to maintain a role from the User Management Administration Console directly on WAS 6.30?

Thanks,

--Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry I'm new of this forum..

u2022 OS: Vista

u2022 Iu2019ve installed SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL (SAP NetWeaver 7.01 Application Server ABAP Trial)

but it doesnu2019t work:

The installation has created 2 account:

u2022 SAPServiceNSP

u2022 Nspadm

My steps were the following:

1) Installation SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL:

D:\sapnw_7.01\SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL\SAP_NetWeaver701SR1_2008_Installation_Master\IM_WINDOWS_I386

2) Installation Max Db application server: MAX DB (7.7.6.7):

D:\sapnw_7.01\SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL\Additional_Tools\maxdbtools701SR1\DBM76.exe

3) Open MaxDB  istance NSP doesnu2019t appear:

4) Execute Max DB Installation manager (installing Serve+Client):

D:\sapnw_7.01\SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL\MaxDB_77_SP6_Build07_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_I386\SDBSETUP.exe

5) Start Database manager  NSP Online appear:

6) Just to try I Saved :

C:\Users\nspadm\Documents\sdb\DBM\NSP

7) Close: Database manager

8) Open Database manager: "C:\Program Files\SDB\DBM\DBMGui3.exe"  istance NSP doesnu2019t appear:

9) Installation Ms loopback adapter

10) Active Microsoft loopback adapter : I've put an IP fix (es: 192.168.1.10)

10) To change file host :

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost  192.168.1.10 localhost

11) To change file services:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\services

To add:

sapdbni72 7269/tcp

sapmsNSP 3600/tcp # SAP System Message Server Port

There were already:

#sapdp00 3200/tcp

#sapgw00 3300/tcp

12) Connect SAPGUI 7.10 (with application server: 192.168.1.10):

Message error:

'partner 127.0.0.1:sapdp00 MS Loopback Adapter err 10061'

not reached WSAECONNREFUSED: Conection refused.

13) ...after installing the application server you can log into the system via web gui at http://localhost:8000/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-client=000 with user bcuser and password minisap.

It doesn't work!

Please help me!

Thanks to all in advance!

Edited by: maaa mooo on May 25, 2009 9:34 PM

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

the first thing that should happen is that you have to log in. What user do you use for this?

If it's not an administrator (or you don't have such rights, that may be your problem.)

Also it is important to know where your users are hosted. Remember that the UME is able to connect to different technologies to use already existing users.

Regards,

Benny

gregory_hawkins1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Benny and all,

I am logging in as Administrator.

Basically this is my development machine and I am trying to test out some of our Role-Action-Permission capabilities. I would only be using users directly on my WAS 6.30.

Through the J2EE visual administrator, I have been able to create a role, add a user to a role, and create a user, but I have not been able to figure out how to use the User Management Administration Console that is local to my WAS (once again, it is because the buttons that are talked about in the documentation do not exist for me.) My problem would also be solved if I could use the J2EE Visual Administrator to change the role (add actions to it from the UMEroles.xml file), but I can't see how to do it.

As you mention, my first guess is that there is a permission problem, but I used the standard install and am logging in as Administrator.

Any other input is appreciated,

--Greg

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

first of all, manipulating the servers userstore does not mean you are on UME...

On the latest versions it seems to me that we will even stop VA's ability to manipulate users.

If you are logging in with Administrator pass sap and you have the effect then this is definitively different then should be. So I would call this bug and it could be version dependend.

Regards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed with almost succu SAPNWABAP701SR1_TRIAL, but I do not know how to start the server to connect using a SAP GUI, I managed to connect using a database manager and sql studio, it even its not work,

I tried to connect using the SAP Management Console it asks me to enter the user and password,

I need to default user and password?