Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm character formats that reside in transparent table

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In table QCVMT we have data that looks like this:

H<SB>2</>O boil at 100<SP>0</>

When printing this info using SAP script it looks like this:

This is done using character format which is part of the form definition:

I have new development and I want to use Smart Form.

I created a smart style that have the SB and SP formats and colors.....:

I applied the smart style to the form and the results:

When I use hard coding this working (That proves IMHO that the style is active )

When the data reside in standard texts (SO10) this is also working .

When the data reside in regular tables this is not working (and this is what I need)

Am I missing something or this is another case where a newer development is dropping a feature that were used in the past ?

Regards .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to get the SmartForm to put the text through "text processing" (to format the text, to bind values to fields contained in the text lines, etc.) it would need to be put in an internal table of TYPE TLINE_TAB (using FM CONVERT_STREAM_TO_ITF_TEXT for example), which is then output using Text Node of Type "Dynamic Text". Something like this:

Basically, one would have to create and pass the "text part" of SO10 text (SapScript text) in an internal table...

I don't know if there is an easier way, but the field values in a normal "Text Element" Text Type will never be "reprocessed" for character formats, variables etc.

cheers

Jānis

2 REPLIES 2

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

to get the SmartForm to put the text through "text processing" (to format the text, to bind values to fields contained in the text lines, etc.) it would need to be put in an internal table of TYPE TLINE_TAB (using FM CONVERT_STREAM_TO_ITF_TEXT for example), which is then output using Text Node of Type "Dynamic Text". Something like this:

Basically, one would have to create and pass the "text part" of SO10 text (SapScript text) in an internal table...

I don't know if there is an easier way, but the field values in a normal "Text Element" Text Type will never be "reprocessed" for character formats, variables etc.

cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

Hi

This works Just fine .

With your permission I will blog about it .

There was no need to use CONVERT_STREAM_TO_ITF_TEXT .

The only changes were:

Table type:

Fill the table:

In order to control the height of the line I use TDFORMAT .

Thanks again for the help.

Eitan.