cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Document Validity date issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an issue in DMS Valid from Date & Valid to date as below.

In our Document type when our document status is set to OB i.e. obsolete, in front of the status, system is showing two dates like 22.01.2014 to 31.12.9999.

We are not using change number functionality in this document type. But still system is showing two dates. When document is in RE i.e Release status system is showing 22.01.2104... date in front of the status.

Could you please let us know why it is showing two dates in front of document status.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from my point of view I can inform you that these dates are validity dates for the document. Normally these dates are filled when the document is released to show which version of the document is valid or was valid in a specific period.

By using menu "Extras" >> "Versions". Here a list of all versions should be displayed and the columns "Valid From" and "Valid to" should show the validity dates.

Normally these date values are only filled when the status has set the "release" flag in transaction DC10.

Best regards,
Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the reply.

But why it is showing two dates in some document & only one date in some DMS in front of document status.

We have not used change number in this document type but still it is showing two dates.

As you said By using menu "Extras" >> "Versions". Here a list of all versions should be displayed and the columns "Valid From" and "Valid to" should show the validity dates. It is showing as per above comment but my question is why two dates in some DMS & one date is some DMS?

Is it like that DMS status which has Release Indicator selected have two dates?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Pravin

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

normally if two dates are displayed this means to be a fixed "from-to" period. If the document is only released and there is no higher released version or something like that there should be only one date value be displayed ending with '....' which means valid without ending.

Best regards,
Christoph