cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material availability date in SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts, I have query.

We don't use Routes, but only Shipping Points. Also we don't use loading & pick pack time.

When we change the delivery date to a past date or happen to change to a weekend, the M.A.D goes to the next working day which is the

Monday. But is this date not dependant on the Production calendar days?

I suppose these dates in Sales Order should be independent of the Production dates right? Pls share !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pri Ann,

Its in the enterprise structure- definition- logistic general -define copy delete check plant - define plant. Please select the plant and check the details. You can see the factory calendar.

Reward if it helps.

Thanks & regards,

CLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

To make it clear, if I change the delv date (on a weekday) to a weekend, the M.A.D date is the same as the req.delv date, but

if I change the delv. Date (on a weekend) to a weekend, the M.A.D goes to the next working day which is the following Monday…

Does it relate to the factory calendar ?? The M.A.D date must also show the same as the weekend as my requested delivery date.

On Friday (30th March-07) I change the delv.date to 31st March’07 9 saturday) the M.A.D shows 30th March (Friday) , but on 31st March (Saturday)

if I change the req.delv date to 31st March’07 (sat) or 1st April’07, my M.A.D date goes to the next Monday (working day) which is 2nd April’07.

Since we set factory calendar to use the public holidays / weekends, does it have relation to this production factory calendar, & that it pushes

To the next working day?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes infact the calendar assigned in the plant will have all the control. It will make sure that delivery date lie on a working day. Please check the plant parameters.

Thanks & regards,

CLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, can let me know the path in IMG where this is defined?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the factory calendar definition, I see saturday, sunday & public holiday to be unchecked.

So is that the reason why when we create delivery or change the requested delivery date in SO, to a weekend, the M.A.D shows the next following work day?

How to confirm ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This depends on the calendar assigned to plant. As per the calendar configurations, material availability date will be suggested. This is the touch point of sales order with MM and PP.

Thanks & Regards,

CLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks CLN ! Can advise where is the setting in IMG to look for?

Is it the one under General settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The transaction to check for the calendar is 'SCAL'.

Regards,

Gauravjit.

Reward points if the transction is helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The dates which are calculated always has an impact from Calendar dates.

The Calendar are attached in 3 places, 1. Plant 2. Shipping point 3. routes

So when a plant and shipping point is there, the dates are referred to a calendar.

Reward if it helped!

Chandru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let me know where do in IMG I look for calendar specific for Plant & Shipping Point?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandru, so if I need to allow the system to create Delivery or inorder to make the delivery happen during the weekend too, should the calendar be checked /ticked for public holiday, as well as the weekends?

What are the other impacts if I check the weekends & public holidays?

Pls advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pri Ann,

I would suggest not to change the calendar as it will have impact on the purchasing and production process as well.

As you can understand that the calendar is the key for m.a d. , please check with your business whether they are ok with you modifying the calendar. Also, get in touch with purchasing and production people to understand the impact. At any case, i dont see why you need to change this.

Thanks & Regards,

CLN

Former Member
0 Kudos

the purpose is system does not allow us to change the delivery date to a weekend on a weekend/public holiday …so we do only change on Friday…

If there happens to be…

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi CLN, there might be case when we want to deliver to customer during p.holiday or over a weekend..if M.A.D is on the same weekend..

is't possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

physically yes, you can go ahead and deliver. But when you are mapping in SAP, you need to capture it on a working day only.. Of course, we can tweak the SAP functionality but all depends on client requirements.

option is yours to tweak or not to tweak the calendar settings. But we need to check the impact before doing that.

Thanks & regards,

CLN