cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid Exchange Rate on Ledger: 2l & 3L

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus:

Our Company Code is set up with COP as 1st and USD as 2nd local currency ,therefore, all postings  are also translated and saved in USD (with the current exchange rate). We now have an open item managed G/L account for prepaid expenses (just and example cause we may have several like these) , which is used to collect postings which are then cleared later. It's however no payable/receivable account for vendors/customers. So it doesn't make sense to post realized exchange rate differences when clearing this account. This is however what SAP wants to do when we try to clear it. SAP won't let me clear this account without posting realized exchange rate differences, which makes however no sense. Is there any way to avoid posting of realized exchange rate differences in 2nd local currency for these cases?

Thanks

Ricardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Use t code  FBB1 or FBBCX to clear these items.

Regards,

Unnivel

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Gurus,  Thanks for your repply:

1.-  I used fbb1 but I cannot clear items as If I were using F-51 t-code

2.- Other option is to change manually translat date field name WWERT on BKPF table, but this involve that I we must algo change manually rate on OB08

3.- On FB01 I can also change manually...

Well this is been a headache for us...

Thanks all for your comments and solutions !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi José,

I am sorry but there is no way to avoid posting the exchange rate differences - for one simple reason: Whenever items are cleared, then the document must be balanced in all ledger currencies. You cannot clear 5000 COP = 2.17 USD debit against 5000 COP = 2.15 USD credit without writing off the 0.02 USD, because then you would have all items cleared but the account still with a balance.

If you have a parallel currency, then you need to configure exchange rate differences (trans OB09) for all your open-item accounts (including vendor and customer reconciliation), else you will be getting errors like the one you describe.

It could perhaps also be a good idea for you to create a query (join SKB1+SKA1+T001, with extra fields from T030H) to see easily for which accounts this config is missing, so that users do not get surprised at month-end. You may also think about extending it with extra fields sourced from other tables, such as CSKB to see P&L without cost element, or T8G17 to see accts not classified for document splitting in new GL, or TKA3A to display default cost center if any (OKB9). I have created these in almost all projects I have been to and they always came handy because errors in GL master can be unpleasant and standard SAP reports (such as S_ALR_87012328 or S_ALR_87012333) rather user-unfriendly. But this is just an option.

Anyway, you must post the exchange rate differences when clearing - there is no way around it. Good luck!

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you mark this GL in FS00 "only balance in local Currency"?

Regards

Mahmoud El Nady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmoud,

Good suggestion, but it does not have any impact on the differences between company code currency (type 10) and the 2nd ledger currency (whichever it is - group, hard, global etc.). These can and do happen regardless of this checkbox. Your suggestion would work for the "first" local currency (type 10) only (e.g. if the same account were posted in COP, USD and EUR as document currency) - so I do not think that it applies here. But thanks for trying!