Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid TR display after added a TR into STMS

former_member142535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have just perform system copy to new Server(QA).

The STMS always show me the old TR that previously import into QA when i try to add a new TR(Extras >Other request>Add) that created in DEV.

For eg. i have created TR DEVK900025 in DEV with title - "BC:Reset SPAU"

In QAS, this TR DEVK900025 exists with old title - " BC:Create new client"

i have confirmed that the /trans/cofile and /data folders only contain the data that i want.

I don't want to setup the transport route 1st because both servers are in different EHP version.

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Por.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Did you add the New QAS system into the Domain .?

The STMS import queue is read from the buffer file  ( Name of the file  will be SID ). Once you reset the TMS configuration or add the QAS system as a single system the buffer  will be reset

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member142535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

i didnt add the QAS into the domain because QAS and DEV having different version of EHP.

This is the reason that i temporary set QAS as local domain and import the bug fixedTR manually.

i have also changed the buffer file in ../trans/buffer/.. to QAS_BAK and new buffer file is created after do the TR manual import.

Unfortunately this matter is not change the TR owner and  desc in transport list.

i have even performed TP clearold pf=<..> in cmd but. still the same.

Please advise if you have any idea ,

Thank you.

Por.

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is that you want the TR that is released from DEV to appear in QAS with different description?

Thanks ,

Manu

former_member142535
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Sorry,I think my question is not clear.

I was upgrading the QAS from ECC5 to ECC6 EHP4 and my DEV also upgraded from ECC5 to ECC6 EHP4 and now is ECC6 EHP7.

We have encountered some bugs on DEV EHP4 and we create TRs to fixed it then proceed to upgrade to EHP7.

After i have upgraded the QAS to EHP4, then start manually import the TRs that created on DEV(ECC6 EHP4) and we found that the DESC and owner of imported TR are different.

for eg. 

Tr created in dev (ehp4) =DEVK900025- "BC:Reset SPAU"

Tr currently exist in QAS (EHP4) - DEVK900025  - "BC:Create new client"

It should appear "BC:Reset SPAU" instead of "BC:Create new client".

The TR with title "BC:Create new client" was created long long time ago

I dont want to setup the transport route 1st as both system are in different EHP version.

Thank you.

Por.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you refreshed your DEV system anytime?

Because single transport request can't have different names in that.

If you really want to move that transport request maybe you need to move your DEV transport queue number range then create a transport of copies from DEV to QAS.

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Regards,

Raja. G

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Soon ,

As you have done a system copy into QAS the already imported TR's in QAS cannot be in any way removed from the system . The entries will be existing in table E070 .

As Raja suggested above it seems you might have  refreshed the DEV system . When you refresh the development system it is important that you save the version history

130906 - How can versions be transported

The best way  now to increase your transport number in DEV system  to any number above the highest entry in QAS ( also check PRD ) E070 / e070l table .

ie in DEV ( table E070L  ) change the value for field TRKORR

After doing this you can create new transports in DEV ( you may need to copy all the TR's after EHP7  uPGRADE ) into new requests and then release it once again

This new transports needs to be imported into QAS

Note : I usually increase the number of TRKORR = TRKORR +100

Thanks ,

Manu

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is no point in having the transport files (cofile and data file) at the OS level in the transport directory if the SAP system is unable to access them. So check if the SAP system is able to access the transport directory and the transport group is correct.

former_member142535
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Reagan,

I just found a workaround.

The TR still can reflect the changed although the title is different.

We should increase the TR number range before we create new TR.

thanks for your advise anyway.

Por.

former_member142535
Participant
0 Kudos

No one have any idea?