Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginners way to learn XI

senthil_kumar29
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I like to learn SAP XI, I already have experience IDOC and EDI.

Is it possible to Practice XI using SAP 2004s for ABAP (Mini SAP) provided in SDN.

I have seen the documents for initial settings, any document available for Intial seeting to learn.

Thank U for Ur time.

Cheers,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sam raj,

well,It is very good to know that you have enough knowledge on IDoc and EDI.

Adding to the above information..and also please find the Fundamentals of XI where you can find more basic concepts of XI.

XI Fundamentals

/thread/51336 [original link is broken]

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0f/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Please let me know if you have any queries..!

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Check below threads on XI and MiniSAP:

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

There are numerous threads/blogs/articles and other SAP docs are available on SDN for learning XI. Just search on SDN with heading "New to XI" or "XI learner" and you will get several threads/blogs for your help.

As you already have knowledge of IDOC/EDI/ABAP, it must be very helpful to you while doing scenarios related to these terms. For your help just check these similar threads on XI learning:

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

former_member192343
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it possible to practice XI using 2004s, but you need to install and configure PI. And yppu need ABAP and JAva instances, so miniSAP is not for XI Just use installation guides and you will get practice in XI installing and confoguration.

The...after instal..you can use "simple use cases" for learning XI basics.

XI overview http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/84/e8763c997fda50e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Simple use cases

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/f1/cfa5428785c811e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

and of course <a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions FAQ</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Is it possible to Practice XI using SAP 2004s for ABAP (Mini SAP) provided in SDN</i>

not sure.

We have so many blogs, documents for initial settings .see the below links to get more details.

XI Links --

1. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part I /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

2. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part II /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

3. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part III /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Regards

Chilla