0 Kudos

give me the functionality of transaction code st01

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just follow this link regarding <b>system trace</b> functionality

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/1f/83114c4bc511d189750000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards,

sowmya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe somebody could tell me what exactly time unit is displayed in the ST01 evaluation column

"duration (US)"? Micro-Seconds, Nano-Seconds?

Thank you in advance

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The tx ST01 give a datailed trace of the underlying system while executing something from sap.

For example what Authorization objects are hit by a user when he performs a tcode or what are the dbtables/sqlstatements etc are run or what kernel functions are executed .

This somewhat helps in debugging like matters.

One can even set parameters for this by using filters.Suppose u want to trace what authorization objs are hit by a specific user when he executes a specific tcode got to edit ->filter->shared and enter the user name client no and tcode. So that not all the users are traced but only this specific user for the specific tcode is traced. On analysis u can knaow what authorization objects he hitted on executing the specific tcode.

Try it with the other areas like Db access, Table Buffer, etc and u will get a more clearer picture.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/1f/83113f4bc511d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

This is a good place to start with.

Pl dont forget to award points if resolved.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

st01 is the system trace and here you can see where the error lies or how a particular thing works step wise. you just need to activate your trace and carry the work say for eg., executing a program. Then get back to st01 and view the recorded details.

reward with points!!!!