Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export to PDF giving ALL Data!

swapnilkulkarni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one of my analytical models that make use of BI Query, i have used export to PDF functionality which makes use of Web Analyzer API to export data to PDF. The procedure can be found here - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/805709cb-ec97-2910-04b8-f3d6303d...

Now the problem is - when we click export to PDF button on output table, the API generates PDF and it gets downloaded to desktop BUT the data it contains is not in accordance with output table, i.e. the filtering of data that the user does from input form of VC application is not reflected in PDF and it gives ALL the data that the BI query will give when NO-Filtering (All values Blank) is done.

Does anybody noticed this problem at your side? How can we create the PDF that will give filtered data in accordance with output view? All the data means LOTS OF PAGES and LARGER SIZES OF PDFs.

Please Help, This is urgent.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no tried solution for this, but I would gues you need to fire additional "commands" in your URL. As you are using the following Web API commands:

"pcd!3aportal_content!2fcom.sap.pct!2fplatform_a

dd_ons!2fcom.sap.ip.bi!2fiViews!2fcom.sap.ip.bi.b

ex?QUERY=" & STORE@REPTNAME &

"&BI_COMMAND_1-

BI_COMMAND_TYPE=EXPORT&BI_COMMAND

1-EXPORTFORMAT=CSV&BI_COMMAND_1-

ITEM_REF_LISTITEM_

REF_1=ANALYSIS&BI_COMMAND_1-

null="

you need to extend them by the filter values that are currently active on the query. That means: look up in the WEB API documentation how to set filters, and add them (in the corresponding numeration) to the URL (have them concatenate).