cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - get back an acknowledgement from external vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have to send Idoc from SAP to external vendor using XI and the process is asynchronous. The external vendor wants to send back an acknowledgement for success or failure. How can I handle the acknowledgement in SAP. I mean, is there any standard acknowledgement idocs for PO, Delivery, Item master etc etc. What is the standard practice to handle this acknowledgement in SAP. I dont want to do any customizing in SAP to update a ztable with the acknowledgement.

Any help is really appreciated and the reqmt is very urgent.

Thanks

Ricky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Like pointed this depends on the target System. What adapter are you using to send data to the target system?

If you are using File Adapter then you will only be able to use System Acknowledgements as file adapter does not supprot application ack's.

You can get the System Ack from the file adapter and send the ALEAUDIT Idoc back to the SAP system and so on.

Check this link for the adapters that support app ack's,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using FTP adapter as the receiver. ALEAUD is for inbound idocs to SAP system and in my case, I want to map the message acknowledgement from vendor through FTP adapter and map it to an idoc type.

I dont think that we can use ALEAUD for mapping since it expects idoc number and other parameters which they will not be sending. They will just send an acknowledgement saying whether the message has reached successfully or not.

I dont see any value in using ALEAUD in my case. Pls correct me if I am wrong

Thanks

Ricky

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How will the Application ( file system) send the ack to XI? XI File Adapters in standard do not support application acknowledgements and so you might have to use a separate interface for only the ack's .

The better option would be to a single Interface with BPM and then use the System Acknowledgement for the file and then send the Aleaudit from the BPm back to the SAP system.

This blog will help file adapter ack's,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh for the reply. I will be using separate interface for acknowledgement and not a synchronous or BPM process. My only question right now is what are the fields necessary for mapping ALEAUD message type and what does it do basically?

Thanks

Ricky

former_member189558
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ricky Johnson,

What type of data are you sending to ur external vendor.

For idoc comunication check how to enable acknowledgements:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/sapR3%28Idocs%29ToXI--Steps+Summarized

Also ,

You can manually trigger the ALEAUD idoc from ur receiver system which will act as the acknowledgement

Also,

From a BPM send step you can request for an acknowledgement.

Thanks,

Himadri