cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AP invoice posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are a wholesale company. We have a big volume of payable invoices every month. we currently enter these invoices manually. It is very boring and time consuming. We have two types of invoices. One is product invoice, the other is service invoice. For product invoice, we need to copy to invoice from GRPO and fixed all the quantity and price and make it match with the vendor's invoice and post it.

For service invoice, we post directly to the AP invoice one by one.

Can anyone have related experience about how to simplify the AP posting process? and how to implement it?

Thanks

Henry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check SAP help file to post transactions that needs to be posted at regular intervals.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sbo882/helpdata/en/d1/5437b9a3544621bc2ecb7937aea95c/content.htm?framese...

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I checked this link, it seems not applicable to our situation. Do you know something about DTW data upload? or AP invoice automation?

thanks    

Henry

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check template under,

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Data Transfer Workbench\Templates\Templates\Purchasing\AP Invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

There is no Data Transfer Workbench under SAP in C:program files. we are using business one. Maybe not setting up this function?

Thanks

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why we do not have Data transfer workbench in our SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Have you checked application server? When install B1 in the first time, DTW can easily be included in the installation process. If it is deselected, you have to manually run the installation and install it separately from installation package.

Thanks,

Gordon

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be DTW option is not selected during B1 installation. Try to install DTW manually from SAP B1 package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do not know where to start? do I need to ask my boss for the B1 disk?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

I do not know where the application server is. Do I need to ask my boss for the B1 disk?

Thanks

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

The installation package is usually saved on B1_SHR folder. Try to locate it.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can't find, let me know. I can assist through Team Viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

You can find DTW under the Setup folder of SAP software. if you do not know about the server then you can simply ask to concern person (Boss if he knows) about SAP B1 CD and install straight forward on your computer but most important you should know about the SQL server ID and its password because those will be required when you login into DTW for month end data upload.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

We do not have the SAP disk. It was kept in our service provider. It seems hard for me to do this

Thanks

Henry

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. There is no free download DTW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

Please find the download file for SAP DTW in following likn

: A- Z Index | SAP Support Portal

U will be required S-User ID

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you can't find, let me know. I can assist through Team Viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I can not find it. Thanks for your help!

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

If you wanna perform this you have to arrange the DTW setup. Else you can download it for the appropriate version from portal using below link if you have enough privileges.

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/sbo-swcenter

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I tried, but I do not have the username and password. Is there any free download without using username and password?

Thanks

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Please locate the setup folder for SAP B1 under that u will find a folder named as Package, in package u can locate to DTW and then install it manually.

If you don't have folder ask for the disk.

Regards,

Bhushan Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhushan,

We do not have the setup folder. I find one online and downloaded it. But I can not install it because it need administrative password.

Henry

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry...

Can you explain your process bit more.

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kennedy,

We post our invoice against GRPO in our system. When we received payable invoice ( PDF), we print it out for each one (about 2000 invoices /month). Then the steps as below:

1) go to Sales order

2) Search Sales order number and open the SO

3) go to relationship map

4) find the GRPO which matches the invoice to be posted

5)Open the GRPO

6) Copy to invoice from GRPO

7) fixed the unit price and quantiy, tax and total amount

😎 Post the invoice.

This process is very time consuming by doing this one by one

Do you have any good idea?

Thanks

Henry