cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping expired batches to be picked in transfer order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please help to understand what should be done to stop expired batches picked up in transfer order.

We have got an issue where expired batches are picked in the transfer order created for picking pars of production order.

Stock removal strategy is H- shef life expiration

Material is batch managed

WM batch search strategy for warehouse/MvT is maintained under LS51

SLED is activated at warehouse level

Batch search strategy is assigned to under LS51

Batch charectristics also includes LOBM-VFDAT & LOBM-HSDAT

Thank you & appreciate feedback.

Regards

Hiren Panchal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

expiry date is in general just information which can be used in batch determination as selection and sorting criteria.

If your batch determination finds expired batches then there must be something wrong in your setup. There are countless discussions and documents in SCN on batch determination, this just usually be enough to solve it, but if you really need extra help then you have to tell about your setup, best with screen shots.

Back to the information field. Go into Co09 and check if your batch is available.

I bet you see it as available, which is a kind of contrary to what you want isn't it?

SAP does not switch the availability by itself when a date passes. You have to kick SAP to do that. The usual way is to transfer a material from unrestricted use into blocked stock (or restricted use if you use status management for batches)

This transfer can be done manually in MIGO, or en mass with QA07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish!

meantime the solution is available, I have suggested same to use LX27 as quality check

Thanks Jurgen!

You are absolutely correct, I can see the expired batches in CO09 availability. But dont see any option to restrict in scope of check for combination of Availability check & Checking rule. But how can stop here?

Most importantly I would like to understand how can I stop this exclusively in WM.

Highly appreciate!!

Regards

Hiren Panchal

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can't make them unavailable in ATP (CO09) except you are changing the stock status as mentioned above.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

I am happy to say that I got below solution

Enhancement MWMTO01  in SMOD has user exit EXIT_SAPLL03T_001 in this I can check Expiry date & stop creating Transfer order creation.

Other solution as mentioned above is to set up a quality check process using report LX27 - this gives list of expired batches in the warehouse. Once this is done they can either 1- move the stock to block stock or Mark the Batch as restricted.

Thank you evryone for helping!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Jacob,

I agree with this process. But could not find automated way of doing it. Clearly speaking

I can run report LX27 - this gives data of expired Batches

After that I can use LQ02- to move the stock to block stock in WM and IM.

But I need to know how to automate it-

Can you please help to know how can output data from LX27 be passed to input of LQ02. Other wise manual process is always available.

Thanks a Lot

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As already suggested above, use QA07 to automatically post the expired batches into blocked stock, this will create posting changes in WM.

QA07 can be scheduled to do this automatically every day or at any other time interval of your choice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried & found that QA07 does not work and it might be because we have not implememented QM. (or not configured)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay, I think I overlooked that you said you activated SLED at warehouse level only, which means you have no shelf life in your batches.  Then there is nothing in standard to do this systematic, you may need to develop a report that call a function module to do your posting changes en mass.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with the previous responses, I would however like to add that it is possible to set up a batch job to automate the process that will move the stock to blocked status.Run it nightly to generate posting change notices and automatically generate transfer orders to move the material status to "S" then it will not be considered for T.O. creation. Expired stock should not be available in your system and stock availability is controlled by material status.I hate to repeat the same thing that was already posted by others but the best way is to change the stock status so its unavailable. This is needed for planning and order creation during available quantities checks. I cant imagine how its possible to function with expired stock showing available in your system unless the expiration date isn't really relevant to your business.

Kind regards,

P.S. I would not be difficult to accomplish what you want through user exit but I wouldn't recommend it.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best option is to do some housekeeping by taking the list of expired stock using T-Code : LX27 and transfer the expired stock to non picking storage type / storage location to avoid picking of expired stock