Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypt file without modules PI or XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

We are doing the integration between Success Factors and SAP HCM (on-premise), one of the requirements from the business is to encrypt the output files.

We are using the SAP Add-On SuccessFactors BizX to integrate the systems, the step by step is:

1. First, we execute the reports HRSFI_SYNCH_EMP_DATA or HRSFI_EMP_DATA_REPL to send the information of Employee Profile.
  2. This information is sent to a SFTP server. Here the client request to have an encrypted file.
  3. Then, SFSF is able to read the information and upload the information on the cloud.

We have checked and SFSF support DSA and RSA encryption methods, which create a file with a public key. But the issue is from the on-premise side because we don’t know how to encrypt the file…the client doesn’t have PI/XI module.

Somebody know about any encryption method supported to integrate SFSF ? any BADI, Function Module, and so on.

Regards,

Edgar Salcedo

2 REPLIES 2

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

You can use Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) encryption on your SFTP so the file location is encrypted. Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy

Best regards,

Luke

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edgar,

I don't have an experience with integration with SF but I can tell you the standard method offered for file encryption in ABAP AS. ABAP AS offers support for PKCS7. It's a standard that describes how to encrypt a message. You can more find info how to use it on this forum. Search for SSF_KERN_ENVELOPE. I am not sure if SF supports this but from your description it seems like yes. Btw DSA can be used only for signing, not for encryption.

Cheers