Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy error : commit missing in ECC sxi_monitor

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Need help.

When testing service interface in sproxy in ECC , it says commit missing , then I go to extra and do a commit and it works fine.

I see that "Commit work " is written , after calling proxy in source abap program , then why is it giving  message recorded (commit missing)  error.

Many people have posted this error and its fixed by adding commit work in program after calling proxy , but in my case its already present.

Also, this program is working fine in dev but is showing this error only in QA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip

First of all, please do not treat a COMMIT WORK statement lightly unless you are familiar with what actually happens in the ABAP runtime when the statement is executed. Uninformed usage of it can lead to potential database inconsistencies. If you are not an ABAP consultant, I would suggest that you ask an ABAP colleague about it for further understanding.

To put it in simple layman terms, a COMMIT WORK instructs the ABAP runtime to perform actual database changes (how and what actually happens in the ABAP runtime requires a more complex explanation.)

The Testing functionality in SPROXY is primarily meant for simulation purposes, therefore it does not explicitly perform a COMMIT upon completion of the test. That is the right behaviour because in simulation, the intention is not to perform actual database changes.

If you want to test that the proxy logic performs actual database changes correctly, then perform an end-to-end test instead. With an end-to-end test, the XI message actually goes through the full proxy framework processing which handles COMMITS and ROLLBACKs automatically according to the result after the custom proxy logic processing.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

refer the below thread

the commit statement might be written in the BADI and when you test from SPROXY then BADI is not trigger and you need to click Extra --> Commit from the toolbar to excute/trigger the message.

regards,

Harish