cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different translation of UI Element in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

The Name of Birth field /birth Name field in personal Information in ESS is showing different translation under Edit and different under Review & Save for China.

Our client asked us to change the translation of the Name of Birth field /birth Name field in Chinese.

I made the changes by changing the translation in the .xlf files in NWDS.

The changes became visible in Development.

So , we transported the change to Quality.

In quality under edit the Name of Birth field /birth Name translation is the new one but under review and save it is the old one.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

What is the proper way to transport a released activity from DEV to QA using NWDI.

Can anyone provide me a step by step guide and to check if the activity has been properly deployed in QA.

Please Help

Thanks

Abhinav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone

Please Help.

Regards

Abhinav

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you are using java wd screens so changing XLF files is correct are you using any personalisation as well? Typically translation of these is done automatically if you log in chineese

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

No personalization has been done for china.

The Translation is done automatically if you log in chinese but i changed the translation for the Birth name field in .xlf file.

The changes are visible in DEV but only partially in Quality.

Please help

Thanks

Abhinav

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you need to check your tranport ie what came through in quality can you ensure jco language is set as blank http://scn.sap.com/thread/497539

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

The JCO language is set to blank.

All the text are in chinese. The issue is that the translated text, one has the changes i have made and the other doesn't, it is still showing the old translation.

Regards

Abhinav