cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 11g r2 Problems to install....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fellows!

Can anybody help please, this is just driving me crazy.

I can't install ORACLE came from SMP to NW 7.4 installation.

Error:

Cause - Failed to access temporary location

Action - Ensure that the current user has required permissions to access temporary location

I am trying to install Oracle 11g r2 c but I keep getting the above error no matter what.

Before I decide to seek help I did a lot of research and I believe I have exhausted all options.

I have checked C$ sharing, it is enabled and accessible just fine.

I am an user with administrator group assigned, so no problems there, I've checked C$ sharing granting every concievable access to everybody.

In our services.msc - OracleRemExecServiceV2- ( there isn't this service in my Windows

I´ve already rebooted a few times but the scenario and subsequent error is the same, this is really causing me a lot of problems as I have already lost a lot of time.

Any help will be greately appreciated.

Thanks,

Eddie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edinaldo,

Could you perform same installation on some other host as well for test purposes (Issue could be related to OS ) ? Kindly share the results if any from other system apart from it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Edie,

Try as Gaurav suggested also you can try one more thing get the installation done locally and then bring the server in Domain. That way you can save time.

also when your installing on C drive is it nfs shared if yes then check and the SAN end or the storage end what are the permission given for the domain\users you need to have full control of the folder.

Let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Ram

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This seems to be a better idea, eddie, try local installation first and then bring the services online on the network.

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Edinaldo,

Thanks for reverting with results,and after analysis i suggest you to do some more modifications in your server host file which you shared.

As per snapshot you maintained entries like as

127.0.0.1 localhost

::1 localhost

138.35.128.64 spzovo05.omc.hp.com

Here i'm little bit confused , you're pinging host name

csbod01

but 'm not able to find any entry of same in your modified host file as well.Kindly modify host file once again with similar to

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain  localhost

< IP of server>  csbod01

Kindly remove or comment row ::1 localhost & try to resolve host name with ping of IP of server as well as resolve IP with ping of host name.

After performing could you again try to execute the installation process & share results.

Hope this will help you.

Good luck !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for you answer, I did this changes in local host file, however, i imagine that it is configured in DNS server.

I've already ask to customer networking team adjusts that, at soon I am going to post the results.

Thanks for while.

Eddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garauv,

Sorry for delay, unfortunatelly i can't adjust the SO configuration and i need to ask it for another team.

Well, They fixed  it in the DNS now,  when i ping my server it answer me OK ( with fqdn and right ip number), however,  i've checked the local host file is not configured as you ask me, because some policy change it.

I am facing the same problem when i run the Oracle Installer...

Do you have more suggestion ?

Thanks for while.

Eddie

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you had your Windows box verified by a Windows Administrator, are you sure there are no local policies or global security policies, or antivirus/firewalls that stop you from using default network share, ensured your userid is in local administrator group and any other custom group that may exist in your domain that your Windows administrator should be including it in.

How much effort would you need to start re-install, potentially re-install OS (I know it sounds extreme) .

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you disable Windows UAC and also the firewall?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

It is disabled, however i can't follow with installation.

Thanks for your answer !

Best Rgds.

Eddie

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Additionally make sure you're able to resolve FQDN host name as well as IP of system without any issues.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you share system host file entries ? If possible try to maintain entries as like

127.0.0.1  localhost.localdomain localhost

<IP of System>  <Host Name>

and try to re perform the installation after a soft restart to system.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

My hosts file is :

127.0.0.1      localhost.

My answer from ping is:

csbod01.domain....

I've changed my hosts file local, including domaind and IP + hostname and restart the server, like you told me, however i'm facing the same error...

I changed just in local host, if i need to ask to change something in DNS configuration ( Networking administrator) i need to have more details about why this problem is ocurring....

Thank for while...

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you share details about Operating System version and relevant screenshot or installation logs.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddehesh,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm installing Oracle 11g R2 on Windows 2012 R2.

Follow attached an screenshot with the messa error that we are facing.

Tks,

Br.

Eddie

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the "c$ Admin share" verification, please also check Windows services "OracleRemExecService" and “Server”.

Regards,

Bíborka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biborka,

I don't have this service "OracleRemExecService".

- “Server” service is ok ( Running);

"c$ Admin share" is OK, o can use it without problem, i've alredy deleted and recreated ths share twice and it is working ok.

tks,

Eddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ghag,

Follow below the log screen with error:

Tks,

Eddie

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Eddie,

What is the username you are using to install the software, does it have any special characters ?

There could be a registry entry blocking the username from having administrative privileges, although the link below is for Vista, it may give you pointers.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951016

Check the above link, try and implement it temporarily and let us know.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddhesh,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I agree with you, maybe we are facing some problem with a registry entry blocking, it make sense for me.

Well, I'm sending it for my OS team to apply or check block in this path, at soon I asnwer for you if it solves this problem.

PS.: My user is Edinaldo, so it doesn't have any special character.

Thank you in advance!

BR

Eddie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edinaldo,

This issue could be because of the "temporary" files existing from a prior Oracle installation. To search for it, is painful. What you could do, is set the temporary folder to a different location, and try restarting the Oracle installation.

Setting the environment variables, TEMP and TMP should serve your purpose. Best set them dynamically, because you would not want the TEMP locations to be changed permanently.

Cheers!

Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Yes, you are right it is a painful problem, i couldn't solve it yet.

i've arealdy change the TEMP and TMP variable in my SO, restarted the server and i had the same problem..

I changed it to C:\TEMP, i did some test in this folder I can write there without problem, I ave checked that installation created there an new folder to ORACLE Installation, however, when I tried to follow with ORACLE installation it show me the same problem.

If you can give more idea to solve that I will be so thankful.

BR

Edinaldo Jr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do share the OS which you are using to install.

If possible check the temporary location of your server and try to access and check.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for yous answer I didn't solve it yet.

I'm installing Oracle 11g R2 on Windows 2012 R2, it is supported by SAP as I've checked by SPAM.

My user has administrator priviledes i can write in TEMP Folder with sucessfull.

BR

Edinaldo Jr

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eddie

Ensure that current user is having administrator privileges to run the Oracle installation setup?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siriam,

Thanks for yous answer I didn't solve it yet.

My user has administrator priviledes i can write in TEMP Folder with sucessfull.

BR

Edinaldo Jr