Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping failed while setting an OData connection for IGW service in Agentry Editor

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am trying to establish an OData connection in the Agentry Editor for the service which has been exposed via Integration Gateway but seems its not working.

I am able to access same URI in a browser with same credentials.

Both SMP 3.0.5 server and Eclipse are on the same machine. There is no firewall involved.

I am able to see a success message if i try with publicly available service, https://sapes1.sapdevcenter.com/sap/opu/odata/IWFND/RMTSAMPLEFLIGHT/

What could be the reason? Any clues?

Regards,

JK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jeff-Gebo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

looking at the URL for the IGW OData Service you are using port 8083. This is the Admin port of SMP3 and should not be used to consume the OData service externally...for that you should use 8080 (HTTP) or 8081 (HTTPS)...try 8080 first. You also need to setup a corresponding Security Profile that maps to the OData service's namespace that you defined.

My guess is you went to the IGW Cockpit and clicked the Service Document link there that brings up the OData service with port 8083. Why it does that I don't know...maybe simple testing of it? Maybe Mustafa Saglam can explain why this is...I have always wondered why they don't popup the external facing Port and use the SMP3 Admin port.

Anyway, when calling it externally you need to go through 8080 or 8081 just like all other external calls to SMP3.

Let me know how that works for you!

Cheers,
Jeff

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Your guess is right. I clicked the service document link and copied the same URL (listening on Admin port 8083) and tried.

I remember, prior to SMP3 SP04 release, IGW URL was listening on port 8080 and prior to access it, we had to setup a new security profile in Admin Cockpit that maps to OData service's namespace (by default SAP). But from SP04 onwards, IGW URL listens on Admin port (8083) hence there is no need to create any security profile to access the same service document URI as there is already a security profile 'admin' exist in the cockpit.

As you said we should not use port 8083 to consume OData service externally. So i tried with port 8080 and created a new security profile (as said above) to map to OData's service's namespace and it did work. Thanks a lot for your advise.

I even tried with HTTPS port 8081 but unfortunately i am not able to connect this time. Does it require any other configuration setting or anything else?

Regards,

JK

Jeff-Gebo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Glad it works! Yes, 8081 doesn't work by default...you need to configure HTTPS stuff for that...but that's another topic. 😉

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

The same URI in the browser working means that should work through the OData connection as well, Is there any error on windows events logs - any security or firewall errors?.

Thanks

Resmi

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Resmi,

Where can i look at window events logs? As there is no firewall involved, i dont think if there is any firewall errors. SMP server and eclipse are both at same machine.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Regards,

JK

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please verify the password you have given is correct in the Connection profile. Check event viewer logs (windows), Agentry events logs - if any. See the details of ping failed.

Thanks

Resmi

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear

Credentials given in the OData connection details screen are SMP admin id password. I am sure these values are correct.

i dont see any details (regarding ping failed/Odata connection) in Agentry events log file.

Regards,

JK

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

any thoughts?

former_member187491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I am not an expert on Agentry. However, might be able to help.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Any inputs ,  ?

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jitendra,

Sorry, I have no experience with this.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry I also have not played with this yet.  It is on my todo list for when I find some free time.

--Bill