cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Asistance in SAPGUI Login from Client Machine to ECC 6.0(VM-Ware)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As i don't have physical machine with good hardware and am  to install Redhat Enterprises Linux in it and install ECC 6.0 on it, i have installed it on VMware in my Client machine that is a laptop running Windows 7 x64.

I have sucessfully installed ECC 6.0 on VMware in Redhat Linux, now my question is is it possible like if  i will install the SAPGUI for Windows VMware ??

Please provide me the necessary steps in order to do so.

Regards

Abinash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you just needing a GUI to access your ECC system?

You could install the JavaGUI in your Linux VM to access the ECC system. If you need the Windows SAPgui, and there are good reasons why you might, then you should be able to install it directly on your Windows laptop and configure it to access the ECC system running in vmware. You just need to configure the vmware networking correctly.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

Thanks for your prompt response, i have JavaGUI for Linux which is already installed on the system, however i want it to access from my physical machine using Windows GUI. I ust want to access the ECC System from Windows GUI.

I dont know the correct procedure to configure it in VMware Networking. Any step by step procedure would be appreciated.

Regards

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - it is a long time since I've run vmware, so I can't be sure. I know it is possible as I had my own laptop configured this way once. I think you need to configure the wmware network as "bridged" rather than "NAT". The guest VM will then get an IP address from DHCP as your laptop does (assuming you use DCHP on your network). You then just need the assigned IP address and you should be able to access the guest VM from the host. Put that IP address in SAPgui and it should connect.

Depending on your local network setup, you may be able to assign a static IP to the guest machine so it never changes. That would make life a little easier, if it is possible.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

Really appreciate your effort, just want to clarify before applying any changes or i mean before accessing SAP System from Windows SAPGUI, do i need to maintain the IP Address and Hostname of the SAP System in Windows/System32/Drivers/etc/hosts ???  and viceversa i mean editing the same in the host file in SAP system also ??

And one more thing is, its not "NAT" right ???  rather its Bridged

Regards

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you just use IP addresses there's no need to change the hosts file. And yes, "bridged" not "NAT".

Steve.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please have a look at the thread below

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddesh,

Please provide me some steps in order to configure this, as this notes seems to be bit confusing for me

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

Abinash

former_member185954
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siddhesh

Let me check and get back to you !!!

Regards

Abinash