cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts are getting in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created alert category in alrtcatdef transaction,  i have created the alert rule in RWB alert configuration.

I am able to send the alert from RSALERTTEST program.  But when actual error (like message mapping error) comes,  the alert is not getting triggered via RWB.  What could be the reason.

I have check the FAQ SAP note for alerts,  I didnt find the problem to get the alerts.

Please Help.  Your help is much appreciated.

Regards, Santhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

May be the component based message monitoring is active in your system, please set the parameter ALERTING_TARGET to '0' (Alert Management Server) in SXMB_ADM.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you.  i have changed the config and it worked.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhi,

go throught this link:

Alert Configuration - Integration Engine - SAP Library

Fabio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santhi ,

Have you checked Suppress multiple alerts option in Alert Rule config?

If yes , have you completed/cleared all old alerts from Alert inbox?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for the quick response.  yes I have checked  Suppress multiple alerts option in alert configuration in RWB.  In alrtdisp transaction i didnt find any alerts to clear.  There are no alerts in alrtdisp tcode.

Regards,

Santhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try looking in to Alert Inbox in RWB and clear if any.

Further try to run RSALERTPROC tcode in ABAP stack to clear any old alerts and then try again.

Also tey to Put * in all fields in alert rule once and then try if alert is gettign genrated or not.

If this does not work then may be you have to revisit your configuration. IF you are gettign all alerts in PI alert inbox then there may be some problem with your email SMTP settings.

Thanks