cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms special characters

0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to print special characters on an Adobe form.

There is no problem putting the characters on the form at design time.

However after rendering the form on the ADS server, these characters are replaced by others.

The form's default locale is set to 'Viewer's system locale' (but i also tried other locales).

When calling the form the docparams are set to (but i also tried other parameters).

ls_docparams-langu = 'N'

ls_docparams-country = 'BE'.

I assume the problem is located on the ADS server ?

What should i do to solve this problem ?
Thanks for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dieter

You can try one solution.

Create text object using Transaction code SO10.Cretae text object with special characters.

In your form label make use of this text object binding.

Then I think your special character should be displayed in the form as per it's design.

Thanks,

Neha

0 Kudos

Neha, thanks for your reply.

We are printing the same documents in multiple languages (depending of the user, company, supplier or customer language).

We use trx SM30 table TTDTG for translating standard text objects (form labels).

We use trx SO10 for translating long text objects (multiple line text).

In both cases the translated text is read correctly in the form interface.

The data is mapped from the form interface to the form context and then binded on the form text objects.

Only after rendering the form on ADS, some (extended ascii) characters are replaced by invalid characters.Therefore i think the problem must be located on the ADS server.

Dieter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

diego_santos
Employee
Employee

Hi Dieter,

You can use Font Mapping to use the exact characters that you need in the form design.
Most of the time the design contain an specific font, while ADS does not carry the same font.

Please refer to SAP Knowledge Base Article and SAP Doc bellow.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/d0/cdf29623c8432fa1545df5f43176de/frameset.htm
https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1565508  How to embed font on ADS server

So, what you need to do is:
1) Copy the font you are using to ADS server (see the doc);
2) Embed Fonts (KBA 1565508);

Regards,
Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the below thread, may be this is helpful for you.

Dynamically populating the symbols like Copyright, Trademark, and Register etc

0 Kudos

Rajiv, thanks for your reply.

I don't have any problem designing a form or placing special characters in a textbox.

The problem with invalid characters occurs only after rendering the form on ADS.

I am aware of the usage of the Alt key to generate ascii characters.

Thanks anyway...