SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erase one field from the AVC

renfeproyectoau
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which could be the best option to NOT consider any more one element in the AVC that it is nowdays in the budget line (F.A. for example)?. Could it be done by re-defining the Derivation Strategy for Control Objects and re-inicilitate the AVC via FMAVCREINIT.

Now it is in the budget entries but we do not want to consider them any more.

Waiting for your comments.

Dani

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can do it in a way you described. For the sake of simplicity, you might still use a dimension as such (you cannot just deactivate it), but you can create a strategy, which would ignore (or actually sum up) this dimension. AVC initialization is certainly required afterwards.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

I have created a "Initialization" in Derivation Strategy for Control Objects for the F.A. Inside the derivation startegy, if I trace it, the F.A is ignore and so it seems to work properly. However, with the trace active, if I do an entry budget in the FMBB the F.A is derived. Any idea why? should I look anywhere else?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FMBB is not affected by AVC settings or FMDERIVE. If you have FA automatically derived during FMBB registry, it is probably substitution that you defined for Entry documents.

0 Kudos

If FMBB is not affected by AVC settings or FMDERIVE, how
could I modify the AVC for Budget entries that already have the F.A.?

Moreover nowadays for those commitments (earmarked funs) recorded
with F.A., the F.A is not considered in the AVC. How could it be done that if
the "Define Derivation Strategy for Control Objects" do not include
any rule for the F.A? any other place in the customizing?

0 Kudos

So is there any option to update the AVC table based in a new derivation rule in which it should be identified that the F.A. is ignored?

Thanks

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all, do you work with budgetary structure? If 'yes' and FA is a part of budgetary/posting address then you cannot 'delete' this dimension, but you can ignore it by defining derivation strategy either for AVC control objects or for budgetary address itself, creating 'upper' object for these FAs, and checking budget there, despite of real FA in the document. Of course, you would have to re-introduce your budget bringing it to this level. Alternatively, you can work with cover eligibility functionality, but it could become more complicated.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Eli