Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decommissioning of APO

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently using SCM 5.0 for SNP (CTM and Heuristic) and GATP (ATP and Product Allocation) functionality. Now business shutting down APO and required processes need to be migrated to ECC. Need feedback on below mentioned points:

1. To disengage planning functionality, we will be changing MRP type from X0 to PD and configure ECC for MRP run.
  2. For disengaging ATP and Product Allocation functions in APO, we are planning to deleteIntegration Models (T.Code CFM7) for ATP check in ECC.

Apart from above mentioned activity is there any other setting require to disengage APO?

Your comment will be great help and well appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Devang Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devang,

Uh, yeah.  Before you even start disconnecting anything you have to make sure that the business functionality you were using which existed in APO is either not needed, or it is set up and is working in some fashion in ECC.

There is no direct replacement for CTM in APO, the closest analogue in ECC is MRP.

Many SNP heuristics can be emulated in ECC PP;  depending upon your SNP functionality you will probably have to ensure that Capacity Planning in ECC is configured to your business requirements.

Product Check in GATP can mostly be emulated in ECC through Availability checking.

Product Allocation in GATP can mostly be replicated in ECC with Product Allocation.  If ECC PA has never been set up, the configuration can be challenging.

Don't forget to check for any enhancements in APO or ECC that may link to each other in non-standard ways.

Best Regards & Good Luck!

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49 and Marius,

First thank you for your comments.

APO was probably implemented earlier considering future scope but now business wants to cut cost and have single system to care of. MRP in ECC will be used instead of CTM and ATP, Allocation in ECC will be used instead of in APO.

After the ECC is ready with setup to take over new functionality, we will clear CCR/CPP, clear all queues and stop jobs in APO and ECC before disconnecting APO from ECC. We think for switch over, changing MRP type (using MM17) and deactivating or deleting ATP check Integration Models are the only activities require (considering we are running standard interface).

There are many Integration Models for each objects (Material, ATP check, Sales Orders etc...) in system and it is almost impossible to get list of active integration models for each objects (I am using CFM5). We are not sure how to deactivate multiple integration models hence planning to delete integration models (using CFM7) instead of deactivating Integration Models.

Kindly correct me if mass deleting IM is not correct process and if I have missed any activity require for switch over.

Thanks and regards,

Devang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Devang,

Your disconnection plan is flawed.  Deleting Active Integration models is difficult to do (the system in standard does not want to permit this) and will anyway result in possible inconsistencies within ECC.

You can mass deactivate integration models using CFM2, or probably better to use CFM3 in background.

You can get a list of all active Integration models using CFM4.  Enter the IMs found into the CFM2/3 screen.

You should validate that your integration models are deactivated in CFM4, and then delete using CFM7.

Once done, you should also 'clean up' by running report RCIFIMAX to deactivate any miscellaneous leftover runtime models, and also run report RAPOKZFX against all materials that had previously been relevant for APO, to ensure that Material Master field MARC-APOKZ is set back to normal.

Only after these steps are done, and you know that all IMs are deactivated and thereafter deleted, should you run your MM17 to change the MRP type.

I hope that you have a robust 'change management project' in place, there will obviously be changes in the ways that the employees will be doing their jobs the day after cutover.

Best Regards & Good luck,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devang,

OK, if I were in your shoes I would do the following steps:

1. Historical data load stop - I believe that you have a job to load historical data from ECC to BW

2. Stop load historical data to demand planning

3. Stop job statistical forecast

4. Stop release from DP to SNP

5. Stop SNP job

6. Stop CTM job

7. Delete all transactional data in APO - forecast, STO, STR, SNP PL.Orders, CTM Pl.Orders, Stocks, etc..

8. Switch the procurement type to P - EXTERNAL PLANNING (in your case planned by ECC) for all materials. You can do this with MASSD

9. Delete all publications type created in APO (CIF transfer from APO to ECC)

10. Deactivate all integration models - t.code CFM3 you choose deactivate and you enter the APO's logical name and  a range for your integration models.

You can also use CFM2, you enter just APO's logical name and then deactivate them one by one manually.

11. Delete IM with CMF7

12. As Dogboy highlighted you should run the reports ............

13. Finally you can change the MRP type from X0 to PD

14. Switch from GATP to ATP check (for sale orders).

15. Create MRP job in ECC

16. Run MRP on ECC side to regenerate the production plan

Well, hope that can help you!

Good luck.

Regards, Marius

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Marius.

I am checking points mentioned by you and DB49 but can you give some more detail on point 14. You have mentioned "14. Switch from GATP to ATP check (for sale orders)" , is there any configuration node, data setup which triggers ATP check in APO and need to be modified for switching ATP to ECC?

I thought Integration Model is only responsible for directing ATP check to APO. So further detail on point 14 will be helpful.

Thanks,

Devang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devang,

you would also have integration model active for ATP Customizing and Product allocation customizing - you need to deactivate that also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devag,

Just to be sure that the Availability Check set up in ECC system is correct configured.

Please check the link http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SD/How+to+set+up+Availability+Check+in+ECC+system

Thanks, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devang,

I would add the step - deactivate all CIF integration model.

I'm just curious what was the business requirement when CTM was implemented!

As expert Dogboy highlighted, the CTM has no equivalent on the ECC side!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius