Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative to SE37

0 Kudos

Hello SAP comunity,

I want to find out if there is any alternative to the transaction SE37 to execute BAPIs.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why? What's wrong with SE37?

0 Kudos

My guess is that he wants to single-test function modules but is not allowed to have SE37 because of some audit rules, so is looking for a functional alternative with less visibility, such as transaction BAPI for example..

Correct?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

you have guessed it almost correctly, only that i'm on the other side of the fence. My main reason was to secure the execution of BAPIs, because I have a received a role description for business users who connect to BO.

0 Kudos

What specifically are you trying to achieve? If you tell us that, we will be better able to help!

SE37 already has the ability to control its use quite well. There's an "Execute" activity independent of create/change/display, for example. Have you actually tried tying down SE37 to be as restrictive as you need? If it didn't work, how did it not work?

What do these users actually need to do? It might be that writing a custom transaction just for that might be that answer.

Steve.

0 Kudos

Locally you can use the authorizations described in SAP note 587410 to restrict the ability to single test function modules. That is effectively the same as having SAP_ALL so you must be very restrictive with it.

Remotely you can secure BAPIs via restrictions to authorization object S_RFC and the corresponding application authorizations needed (this is one of my specialities actually - see SAP Note 1682316). As of release 7.41 on recent SP levels and kernels, you can additionally use transaction UCONCOCKPIT to deactivate the remote enabled availability of RFC function modules if they are not meant to be called from the outside.

You have definitely opened a can of worms here for yourself! Good luck 🙂

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

thank you for your comment. I didn´t want the users to have SE37 but wanted to check, if there was any other way that they could execute BAPIs. I found a list of transactions that helped me out. But thanks.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Szia Levi,

if you want to test them, BAPIs can be used in transaction SWO1: enter the name of the object / interface, and hit "Test".

Üdv.:
Laci