cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print out from Service Manager Mobile App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating new Syclo mobile app for windows platform. I need to create the PDF file which includes the service order data when the service technician create the confirmation and store it to the device and take the print out using an external printer. Can anyone help me on this please?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Basil,

You will need to look into finding an SDK / API that supports generation of PDF files that you can either integrate into the client in an OpenUI control or call a windows command line step / batch file that will generate the PDF so you can attach it and or print it out from the device.  There are a number of possible options and you will need to determine which one best meets your requirements.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

I am trying to generate the pdf using the Jasper Reports. But when I click the print button which is added to the pop up menu, nothing is happening. Can you help me out with the steps I have to follow to generate the PDF?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Basil,

I am assuming you are using a batch file of some kind to run the generation process, correct?  If so, what version of the Windows client are you using?  Support for windows command line action steps was recently added to the WPF client.  I would suggest to make sure you are using the last SDK SP06 PL02 WPF client.

You will also need to probably write out a file during the command line step to contain the data from Agentry you are looking to include in the PDF via the Jasper process.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

I am using Agentry v70.5.1.10 WPF client. Will this WPF client supports the windows command line action steps? Do I need to download any other WPF client?

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I don't recall exactly which version introduced the support for command line steps.  Certainly you can easily verify by setting up an action to call a command line step and have it open a test batch file and see if it works as expected.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

Command line step seems to be working fine. But what I need (requirement) to do is to generate the PDF using the Jasper Reports with the help of steplets, not command line. For this, I have created one action button and mapped with an action where it contains a transaction and apply action steps. Transaction is mapped with a Confrimations collection property and also to a steplet (it contains the business logic to load the jrxml file and export to the pdf ) in the update steps where it tries to fetch the data from the collection property.

But its not hitting the java code when I tried to deploy it. Am I missing any steps?

I am very new to this platform.

-Basil

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Basil,

Steplets and steps in general associated with transactions will only execute on the Agentry server when the transaction is transmitted from the client.   From your original post it appears your requirement is to generate this on the device (not server side) so you will need to move that code out of a steplet and into local java classes that you can still kickoff from the command line.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill Froelich,

I folllowed below steps to try the Print Functionality by using Jasper Report.

1. Created a New JRXML file [ Jasper Reports ], in this JRXML file i have added 3 Fields, they are Item id, Product id and description. [ these are Part of Items collection in Service order obj ]

2, In Syclo, i have created a Action button in the screen that will call 1st Action [ Action defenition has service order object ]

3. 1st action contain sub action and command line

Sub action : It will loop over Item collection [ Service order object ] and call 2nd action,

Command Line: am calling a java code by java -jar "xxxx.jar". This java code will get runtime data from csv file and fill the data in jrxml [ jasper report file ] and finally display the values in Jasper report and also show PDF [ export ] file.

4. 2nd action contain command Line. In command line, We are using rules [ see below image ] to write objects such as [ Item id, Product id and description ] in csv file.

But this option didnt working properly.

Java part is working fine because i hardcoded data in csv file as [1,2,3], jasper report is displaying with hardcoded values and also PDF generated

Please let me know if am missing anything or tell me the correct way to achive this ?