cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RA Valuation across company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I need  to configure RA for cross company code valuation for the below.

Scenario :

If a level 1 wbs has a company code 2000 with RA key assigned to it and the level 2 wbs has a company code 3000 with RA key assigned to this also, What happens here in this scenario and How is POC calculated here ?

Does RA calculate a POC specific for the Level 2 wbs.  Is this included in the POC of the Level-1 wbs also?

i believe the configuration required here is to set the indicator for cross company code valuation in RA Version.

or is there a different method to implement this scenario with two different company codes residing on one parent company code project. POC and revenue recog has to be identified for the same.

Please advise on the scenario and config settings to maintain and share your thoughts !

Thanks !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RA will roll up the costs and revenues for subordinate WBS elements as long as they do not have a RA Key and if they belong to the same company code.  In your scenario the 2 WBS elements are calculated independently.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

RA is always a Company Code specific process due to the possibility of financial postings.  I think that your WBS structure better be reconsidered not to mix up different Company codes at different levels, but maybe having a parallel nodes for different Company codes.

I also believe there is a consulting OSS note to explain the standard system behavior, just search the OSS.

Since you already have a master data in place it must be quite easy for you to test how the system behaves.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Paulo, I will test to understand the system behaviour.

But still i am looking for the config settings to maintain to achieve the scenario i elaborated and the thoughts from the experts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

Post this in the CO forum and maybe you could get a swifter response.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thanks Gokul & Ken for your thoughts.

i have performed a quick test and observed the RA Calculates independently if differenct comp codes.

And if Cross cocd valuation is set in version then data is not transfered to FI.