cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motorola MC9190 -ITS Mobile RFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am doing ITS mobile POC using motorola MC9190 windows 6.1 device.

I could see standard ITS screen coming in the default IE broswer without any issue. I am facing below issues and queries

1-Included symobl device include but function keys not working. As I understand IE does not interpret meta tags, is it the issue??

2- Tried testing the  javescript  to get the function key , java script is not working. Is there any way to make IE work with java script??

3- I see RFID folder  under ITSMobile  which html/java script contents for  simulation/intermec/symobol, how to enable these pages?? what is the use of ~itsmobiledebug parameter?? how to implement this parameter in the service?? Will these symobol contents enough for simple tag read/write??

4- I want to use 

NaurTech CETerm Browser evaluation version for testing. Is it the right industrial browser to use for motorola handheld?? Please share your experience on this particular browser  from ITS Mobile prospective.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Tusar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello tusar,

Wanted to ask some to your first question:

Have you incorporated the function keys logic in the backend SAP? If yes, please see if it works without the device-specific meta tags for the "as it is" generated template. In my case, it worked without having to do any specific function key handling in the template.

If the above does not work, then you can carry on with javascript code [link as given by Oisin] for the particular device.

In order to recognize the custom JavaScript/CSS files [which is not the default file as given in the parameter settings for the internet service] in another folder, you will need to give the correct path in the following code where higlighted to include its contents for the current html template:

if ( ~itsmobileCustomJsInclude != "" )`

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="`mimeURL(~service=~current_service, ~theme=~theme, ~language="", ~name="foldername/myJavascript.js")`"></script>

` end;`

Note: The service name should be the one under which this file is created.

The RFID under ITSMOBILE Service gets recognized by the following default code:

<!-- rfid values ----------------------------->

if ( ~RfidEnabledFields != "" ) `

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="`mimeURL(~service="itsmobile", ~theme=99, ~language="", ~name="rfid/rfbutton.js")`"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" language="Javascript">

var rfid_fields = new Object;

`   repeat with i from 1 to ~RfidEnabledFields.dim

<!-- get field name and index -->

rfidField = ~RfidEnabledFields[i];

rfidFieldIdx = ~RfidEnabledFields[i].idx;

rfidFieldParams = ~RfidEnabledFields[i].params; `

rfid_fields["`rfidField`[`rfidFieldIdx`]"] = { `rfidFieldParams` };

`   end;`

</script>

` end;

Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Utkarsha ,

Can you let me know the exact Device and Browser you are using , which do not require any device-specific meta tags  configuration ?

Regards,

Amlan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amlan,

Motorola MC9000 series and Wavelink browser.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tusar,

The following document might be useful:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000050812012E/EWM_Configure_ITS_Mobile.pdf

see page 35/36

and see also the WIKI:

How to obtain the function key values for ITSmobile applications - Code Gallery - SCN Wiki

Using the Industrial browser would be recommended over IE on the Motorola MC9190.

Regards,

Oisin