cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem activating hdbtable, looks like a zombie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gents,

We are having a problem activating an hdbtable we dropped via SQL command and delete the hdbtable from the repository.

We recreate the hdbtable file and went to activate the table again and we got an error saying that the database connection has been lost. Right after that the indexserver would restart. We did this a couple of times and same thing happened.

Thinking about what the problem could be we came out with a name: 'zombie table'. Apparently it wasn't active but it wasn't in the repository either.

We checked the SYS_REPO table INACTIVE_OBJECTS and we found 2 entries there referencing the table so my question is Can we just go ahead and delete those entries? I checked all other tables from SYS_REPO schema and I didn't find any entry whatsoever. Our guess is that after deleting those entries we'll be able to create the hdbtable again and activate it.

What do you think guys?

Regards,

Christian.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you safiyudeen for your response.

I don't have any dynamic columns.

However, after going around for several hours we found the issue and we could activate the hdbtable. The problem was that there was another machine who was working on that table and didn't close the session to the repository. We had two entries in the inactive objects so after releasing all objects from all machines we could create the table.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Christian.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member210482
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Did you have dynamic colums in your table?

Regards,

Safiyu