Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI File to RFC

marcos_zepeda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an scenario where I'm receiving a file using an AS2 connection and this is working fine. Now i need to call an RFC that will process the file, I don't need to do any mappings since the RFC will go through each line item in the file and will update the records in our SAP system. What I need to know is how I can setup this in PI so that once I receive the file the RFC gets triggered by passing one required parameter which is the full file path and name ex "\\Test000\Interface\SupplierInventory\Inbound\CEI_ Inventory_.csv". Does anyone know the best way to setup this scenario I will really appreciate any help or links of similar scenarios that could help me set this up.

Thank you in advance

Marcos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

marcos_zepeda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I end up doing the message mapping and it works.

Thank you

Marcos

0 Kudos

Hi,

Message mapping is easiest way to do this, instead of looking for tougher options.

Varsha,.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

Alternatively you can use an adapter module for this. However, given that it takes much more work implementing an adapter module, I would suggest to go with message mapping.

Regards,

Mark

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

You can't avoid to use a mapping to work with the file but you will need a mapping with an UDF to get the filename and to pass it to the RFC parameter. Check this thread

Regards.