cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disp+work.exe showing request handling without progress

0 Kudos

I was trying to update the UI for ERP central application from support level 0000 to 5 before configuring my Fiori app and i was able upgrade to SPS 004. I used SAPCArR to export and import directly to the app server. I  noticed the process was taking longer than usual and i decided to reboot the gateway server just so i can re-import the file. Now i can't log back into my SAP and looking at the server in mmc, instance 00 is yellow and shows the dispatcher process message disp+work.exe showing request handling without progress. I will like some help with this please, i'm new to ABAP administration.

Thanks

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Could you share kernel release of your system.Suggest you to follow recent SCN thread

for similar issue

dispatcher process message disp+work.exe showing request handling without progress

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

0 Kudos

I wasn't able to check the version because the kernel directory /usr/sap//SYS/exe/run  only comes up to the "exe" part, i don't have the "run" part. This is an abap system if it makes any difference

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

In case someone else runs into similar problem in the future. I came to realize my database logs was full and was able to fix this by running a backup of the database and then setting auto-log to ON using the max db gui manager

0 Kudos

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this. We had exactly the same problem here setting up an IDES system.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could follow SCN thread

Before downgrade need to take backup of existing kernel release to avoid any issues.Addition to it follow SAP Notes   2083594 - SAP Kernel 740 and 741: Versions and Kernel Patch Levels

1994690 - Using the 7.41 kernel instead of 7.40

Hope you'll find it helpful.

Regards,

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Meanwhile you could downgrade your existing kernel with lower release & can wait for issue free patch for kernel 742 or can switch to latest kernel releases in future.

Good luck !!

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you're also on kernel release 742 and with patch 28,so i suggest you to follow discussions under SCN thread Disp+Work.exe - Request Handling Without Progress

and SAP Note 2089976 - Known regressions in kernel 7.42 patch level 28

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Gaurav

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Addition to it please share dev_w0 trace file.

Regards,

Gaurav

0 Kudos

dev_w0

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer tje SAP KBA 2107031

BR

SS