cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JDBC not picking up data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am using PI 7.4. I am trying to pick data from Oracle 11g database. I am able to update the data in the table using JDBC. But I am unable to pick it. Below are the screenshot of the issues faced. Please help.

I have tried using this select query on the database. Its fine. I have also checked the sender structure, it matches with the database structure. Not sure why the data is not getting picked, as suggested by first screenshot.

Regards,

Nishant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

As u said, the query is working fine and there is data in table.The only problem is in mapping,as there is no value coming in CO_NO.

you can run inbound payload from moni, and see if you can understand anything more from it, you can paste it here.

Check if correct JDBC driver is installed, and if you have made contents below "row" in data type, exactly as table contents in database, check case sensetivity.

you can also try and put parameters in sender communication channel, and see if they work-

1. poll interval.
2. change the occurence of fields 0-unbounded to allow to select multiple data structure from database.( in ESR)
3.in advanced tab of communication channel, check on advanced mode, and set message limit to true, and put maxMsgSize and maxRowSize limit in Kb.
Also msgLimitErrorInterval time in seconds( it is amount of time adapter will wait before next poll, in case of error situation).

Thanks,
Varsha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nishant,

As I see in your picture, it´s seem that is a mapping problem. If you want to know the real data that your query is getting and what´s wrong in the mapping you can configurate logging paylod in  After Mapping step in your ICO.

To check the real mapping, you need the real payload so, you can extract it but you have to change  ICO configuration and Store `payload in After Mapping Step, Staging section. Activate changes and open the channel.

To extract the payload you have to go to host:por/pimon and get the payload in Message Monitor for Adapter Engine.

After you get the payload, just coy & paste the payload and test the mapping.

Regards,

Alberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for help. I noted that the source structure had the node "Row" instead of "row". When I made this change, the channel could pick the data.

Regards,

Nishant

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Try to Get the payload from the sender JDBC communication channel in communication channel monitoring and verify whether you are getting the value to the CO_NO field.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishanth,

from above first screen shot is saying mapping error. Please try to use mapwithdefault function.

check the values are going according to context. If the value is not there then it passes empty string.

As Naveen kumar told it is mapping error only.

Go to message monitor check the messages according to you DB Configuration.

Regards,

Suhale Shaik.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you SQL query execute succesffully ?/

Did you see and records being fetched from DB ?

If not please check with DB whether are thier any records in Talbes matching your SQl query condition or not .

Or esle you may pass the same SQl query to DB side and tell them to execute and cross check the result.

It would be good if you put a screenshot of inbound and outbound message from MONI.

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manoj,

I have checked the BD tables. IT has the data. I have tried this query on the database and it works fine.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your CompanyID is mandatory field so you error clearly states that the mapped  source field CO_NO dosn't has any value , this is why it failed in mapping .

Better put screenshot of inbound as weel as outbound message from moni.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is a single stack configuration. hence I cant have the outbound screen shot. I have checked in the database and the data is surely there in the table.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

If i understood the issue correctly you have fetched the data from DB and updated in DB successfully. But when it is being processed by SAP PI it is failing in the mapping as the field COMPANYID is not fulfilling the condetion.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naveen,

When CompanyID is already mapped with a source CO_NO which das some data in the table. We can not say for sure if PI picked the data or it is failing in the mapping. Your understanding otherwise is correct