cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Questions

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am looking to understand if some things are possible within a sales order in SAP ECC.  I do not need to understand how to make it possible, just that it is possible through standard configuration.  If ABAP programming is required, please let me know.

Here are the questions I have:

1. Can a division on the order header override the division from material master for a specific sales area?
  2. Can a WBS be required on a sales order line based on a given sales area?
  3. Can a WBS be required on a sales order line based on the division of the material?
  4. Can the sales area default the schedule line category?  Can it also filter the available schedule line categories?
  5. If material master does not have a division or profit center for a material being used on a sales order, is it possible to require these fields to be mandatory on a sales order?

I really appreciate any feedback on these questions!

Thanks,

Kent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

• Can a division on the order header override the division from material master for a specific sales area?

If you have different sales force for keying sales order then you can default the division using parameter id .

• Can a WBS be required on a sales order line based on a given sales area?

You can write substitution rule with the  help of FI CO

• Can a WBS be required on a sales order line based on the division of the material?

You can write substitution rule with the  help of FI CO

• Can the sales area default the schedule line category?  Can it also filter the available schedule line categories?

Why you want the default schedule line for each sales area? schedule line will differ for each scenario, for example returns, consignment etc. Do you have different movement type for each sales area?

If material master does not have a division or profit center for a material being used on a sales order, is it possible to require these fields to be mandatory on a sales order?

You can very well ad these fields in your incompletion procedure.

Hoe this will help you.

Thanks and Regards

Atulkumar Dagade

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have a specific "item category group" assigned to sales area,thus we can achieve a specific item category and through which we can achieve a different schedule line category but again based on the MRP type....

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vijay,

Where in SAP do we

You can have a specific "item category group" assigned to sales area,

TW

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

These seems to be, more like an interview questions.

If its a real business requirement, then it indeed will be very interesting. 

Hope the OP owner will respond soon.

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be specific in material master tab sales org- 2 and yes this data is not specific to sales area but it is in fact specific to combination of "Sales org+ distribution channel"

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kent,

In the sales order, the division at header level can be different from the division at the item levels (this division coming from material master).

For 1. Check field Item division in VOV8, if you keep this blank then the division at header level will also be the division for each line item in the sales order.

• Can the sales area default the schedule line category?  Can it also filter the available schedule line categories?
  • If material master does not have a division or profit center for a material being used on a sales order, is it possible to require these fields to be mandatory on a sales order?

For 4. Explain the business scenario

Can it also filter the available schedule line categories? What does this mean?

For 5. Why material masters do not have any division?

TW

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems you have'nt tried in your system for these queries before posting.  Had you done that, you would have come to know how SAP would function with the standard configuration.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though all are possible through enhancements (and not at all thro standard SAP configurations)....the requirements 1 and 4 makes little sense to me.

Regarding point 1...what is the use of overwriting the defaulted division, when the material is not existing in that division.

Regarding point 4: What is the use of defaulting schedule line based on sales area....when sales area cannot identify whether this item is relevant for delivery or not? The item category only can understand how the item should behave in that specific sales document.

If you can share the business scenario that is demanding these changes, members can explore and suggest the solutions.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

I like your comment regarding "item relevant for delivery" and item category functionalities. And we don't know much about the business requirements. But probably, OP is not asking about item category determination, this would follow as per standard (T183 table). OP is asking about having default schedule line category based on sales area of the sales order.

TW

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

I completely agree that every requirement will have a business reason and SD area is very dynamic and umpteen number of scenarios can be seen in various businesses for the same functionality. If the OP gives a brief of the business scenario, it will be helpful in getting more relevant replies.

-Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

Here are the answers -

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. Yes, if you know how to use SHD0. It will create a workbench request though.

Regards,

Chintan

0 Kudos

Hello Chintan,

Thank you for your response, even though it was disappointing.

There really isn't any options for trying to accomplish any of the things I want for items #1-4?

Thanks,

Kent

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most likely with ABAP you can do # 2-4. # 1 does not really make a lot of sense to me, to be honest... Why would you need that?