cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECL Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I have installed ECL viewer on my desktop and now I would like to use it for viewing the autocad drawings through DMS. What are the steps? How can I access the ECL viewer? Please guide me step by step!!

Points awarded for useful answers..

Thanks,

Paddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the installation and reinstall the viewer, if necessary.

When you install the SAP GUI, the 'additional components for the ECL viewer' must NOT be deselected as otherwise the viewer will not be installed.Proceed as follows to check subsequently whether and which viewers were installed:

1. Obtain the current value for SAPSysDir from the Windows Registryhkey_local_machine->Software->SAP->SAP Client->Version xy -> Settings-> SAPSysDir = (Here is the path into the SAP system directory)

2. Go into the SAP system directory

3. If a file called 'webviewer2d.dll' exists, the 2D viewer was installed;'webviewer3d.dll' is the 3D viewer.

If the viewer is evidently installed but cannot be started, check the following.

1. More than 256 colors should be set for the screen.

2. The parallel installation of other EAI or UGS software might cause problems. In that case, use the separate Install Shield (see step 4.).

3. If the separate Install Shield (see step 4) was used before the installation of a SAP GUI, the viewer DLLs might be inconsistent on this computer, depending on the version of the SAP GUI.In this case you will have to restart the Install Shield (4.).

4. The viewer can be subsequently installed to the SAP GUI by a separate installation program.This program is available on all SAP ftp servers. <b>Note 494146</b> provides information on the newest ECLViewer installation.

<b>

a) ECLViewer version 5.1.2 (Please refer to note 809922 for more

information)</b>

<b>The latest available install for ECLViewer is ECLViewer 5.1.2. This can be downloaded from the SAP Service Marketplace by specifying the following URL in the browser:

-- For Africa/Europe/South Asia Pacific/America:

http://service.sap.com/plm

-- For North East Asia:

http://sapnet.sap.co.jp/plm

Under this location, please branch to Life Cycle Data Management -> Integration -> Visualization of Product Knowledge -> Media Center.

Here, you will find the link to the installation file for the ECL Viewer as a zip file, ECLViewer_5_1_2.zip.

You may find the details about the ECLViewer version 5.1.2 in the note numbered 809922.

The support of cFolders is included with this version.</b>

Regards

Rehman

Mark Useful Answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rehman,

It is very useful infomraiton. Would you please send me the documents to my mail ID: pmadhusudhan@gmail.com

also send me the information on Content Servers which was answered by you in the other thread.

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman/Niranjan,

<b>Points awarded to you guys</b>. Please send me the document on my email id:saplogster@gmail.com

Rehman: With reference to your point with Water Mark, can we display other customised water marks eg" Controlled Copy". If yes do send me the information on the above id.

Thanks,

Paddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rehman,

If you have any document reg. this, please send it to rprasannahsr@hotmail.com

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paddy,

please download the latest SUN JAVA version.

1. Install the latest SUN JAVA version, which is currently 1.5.0_08. The path should be c:\program files\java\

2. Uninstall ECL Viewer from SAP GUI 6.40 (If SAP GUI is already installed on machine).

3. While installing SAP GUI, ensure that the ECL component is not selected from R/3 Add On.

4. Install ECL Viewer 5.1.2 on local machine.

5. Ensure the path is as follows :(C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\System or C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\System\Java )

6. Ensure that the following files are in the c:\program files\java\1.5.0_08\lib\ext folder:

- VisWebS.jar,

- VisWeb.jar,

- eaisupport.jar,

- eaisupportS.jar

- version.ini

- vctk.ini

In case, please copy the mentioned files from <ECL Install DIR>\java.

(C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\System or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\SAP Shared\System\Java )

Award points if useful

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viewer & Printer Setup for SAP.

To view the document attached the below mentioned is the procedure.

Step 1:-

Go to document Right click on the object attached and select (click on) display to view it.

You will see the viewer with attached document as shown below.

To change the back ground color follow the below mentioned step.

Click on the icon you will see the personal setting pop-up menu as shown above.

Select the color you want to see as background of the viewer.

After selecting “black” as a background color, you will see the viewer as below.

Go to “Viewer” and select “Loader Preferences” for color & pen width settings.

As you see the different color pens will have different width/thickness, you can set this

As per your requirements.

For printer settings, Go to ‘viewer’ and select/Click on “Print”.

For Clarity of the print picture set/adjust Print image & preview image and see that both are in-line/same location/position.

Tick the “Bypass Printer Driver” and Tick Print as Monocolor.

Water mark on the print as shown below.

Even i can send you these document email please?

Regards

Rehman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Paddy,

what is your email id

i have 1 doc which i feel ll resolve your prob

so send me email id

remembr to award points if useful

Niranjan