cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Diagram with PowerDesigner Viewer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is any chance that I could edit some objects in the PD viewer? I want to comment in the notes of the properties but the diagram open in read mode only.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, the PD Viewer is strictly read-only. All the save capabilities are disabled.

Regards,

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

How I can Adding Items to a Report with Items that are not listed by default in PD? I need to comment the objects in the viewer or in the HTML reports.

That is possible??

I want to do it like Signavio:

former_member192453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Personally, I have not used Signavio.

However, you can use PowerDesigner Web to add comments to diagrams.

For more details, take at: Commenting on Diagrams - Core Features Guide - SAP Library

Anthony

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can edit some properties via the old-style web portal, if you give users the correct privilege. See "

Editing Object Comments and Descriptions" in PD help.

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

I tried the way that you posted before, but I still can't comment the object.

1.- I give full permission to the ADMIN user in the PowerDesigner Repository and in the PD Portal.

2.- I created the change list from the PowerDesigner with the model.

3.- I tried to edit the comment, but it is not possible from the objects in the diagram or model, but I can edit the comment in the change list.

I attach the pictures to document the problem.

Permission:

Comment in the change list:

Comment in the Objects:

Thanks!

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Objects in change lists are not regarded as part of the model until they've been approved, which probably explains why you can't edit the comment. A reviewer has to check out the change list version of the model to revise object properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I check out the change list version of the model to revise object properties??

I need to comment the Objects but I cant do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George!

I still have the problem with the comments in PD.

I can't comment the model  when I check-in the diagram in to the repository. So I can't comment from the Portal either.

There is any chance that the objects can be commented from the portal by user that don't have licenses? These are business users who need to validate objects of the diagram.

Thanks!

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I went on holiday after my last message. Did you manage to check out from the Change List?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't do it from the portal, only in PowrrDesigner.

There is any chance that the objects can be commented from the portal by user that don't have licenses? These are business users who need to validate objects of the diagram.

Thanks!

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the model has been checked in OK (and is not sitting in a change list) you should be able to edit comments via the portal, assuming you have the correct permissions.

There is (or was) a special licence for non-users of the client software, called 'Portal Composer' - this allowed your business users to edit via the portal. I assume this was affected by the new 'PowerDesigner Web' in service pack 04 - please check with your local SAP office.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I check in the model in the repository with ADMIN permissions, but when is in the repository cannot be commented from the repository or the Portal.

How I can achieve to check in the repository model that allows me to comment?

I'm going to check the licence that you tell me.

Thanks!!

GeorgeMcGeachie
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, sorry to pass the buck, but this sounds like an issue for a SAP support case to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanks so much for the help!!

I going to write to them.