cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc_AEE - PI - JMS scenario: Other IDoc status than 03 or 39 possible?

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a IDoc_AEE --> PI --> JMS scenario with PI 7.4 AEX. So there's no ABAP stack on PI involved.

If I configure the IDoc sender to request system acknowledgements then I get IDoc status 39 in ERP sender system, if I don't request any acknowledgements  at all, I get status 03.

The problem I have with status 39 is, that it is not a final one. Especially, we also have other scenarios like IDoc --> PI --> ABAP Proxy where in ERP status 39 means that there was some application error at receiver proxy side. Hence I cannot mark this IDoc status 39 for archiving.

--> Ideally I'd like to have the IDocs in ERP with status something like 41 as soon as they got put into JMS queue. Is it possible?

Thanks and kind regards

Jens

PS: I know I could just simply deactivate all acknowledgement reqeuests on IDoc sender adapter and dealing with IDoc status 03 but if possible, I'd like to have a more meaningful IDoc status in ERP.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

Refer the below discussion,Might be helpful

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghuraman,

unfortunatelly, the discussion seems to be about double stack PI and also about having status 03 (which we easily could convert to say 12 via job RBDMOIND)

Where exactly would you think the discussion could help in my specific case? Maybe I just missed that

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK, to achieve this requires an asynchronous response from the target application system (not just the JMS queue).

The asynchronous response should have contain correlation to the original outbound IDoc. It can then be mapped to a STATUS.SYSTAT01 IDoc with an appropriate IDoc status value. We had something like this in one of my previous B2B implementations whereby positive functional acks are mapped to status 16 which is a final status that can be archived.

Without an asynchronous response from the target, there is no way that the PI/middleware would know what is the status of the application processing in the target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have similar scenario. Our IDOC status is 39 with ack settings maintained in IDOC_AAE sender adapter. How to bring it to status 41.

Thanks,

Archana.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Archana,

unfortunately we are still in the same situation. Did you manage to get the status changed to 41?

Of course, there are several reports for that you could use, see Programs to change idoc Status - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki (especially RC1_IDOC_SET_STATUS) but this seems like a workaround for something that ought to be done right on the PI side, IMHO

Cheers

Jens