cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free goods for cumulative order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Experts,

I have one business scenario, if a particular customer places an order and invoiced then there needs to be certain quantity of material to be accrued.

Once he reaches certain target quantity then that accrued quantity needs to be given as free and that accrued quantity bringing it back to zero.

For example

If customer places orders as below in different dates. Business has set 10,000 pcs as target quantity for achieving 100 pcs as free.

1st order - ordered quantity 3000 pcs          accrued quantity to be 30 pcs

2nd order - ordered quantity 6000 pcs     accrued quantity to be 60 pcs
3rd order - ordered quantity 1000 pcs    

accrued quantity to be 10 pcs

As per above scenario he has achieved 10,000 pcs qunatity in different sales orders. Now we have to offer the accured 100 pcs as to be delivered as free of cost. Once it was delivered we need make the accrued quantity as zero.

Pl suggest how to achieve the above scenario. Is there any standard procedure to achieve or need to go for any customizations.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We had similar requirement few years back and we ABAP. We created a Z program for this with following logic.

• Cumulate sales quantity for given time period.
  • Maintain free goods condition record using a condition which was copy of NA00. This was just to eliminate creation of Z table.
  • On selection sreen of program we give time period from and to date.
  • System cumulates sales quantity, match with maintained quantity and create FOC order for relevant material and quantity.

This is just a rough logic. If you decide to go for ABAP solution I'll explain it more.

PS: There is no standard solution for this requirement in SAP.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzm,

Thanks for your reply. We will go for ABAP solution. Pl explain in detail how to achieve the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM

We are waiting for your reply for detailed ABAP solution.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sd gurus,

Is there any other solution.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VM

I am sorry for late response. I don't think so rebate process can work here.

We had a requirement to give FOC materials if some customer have bought xxxxx value of any material. Following is the solution we adopted for this requirement. This needs some ABAP work and some functional settings as well.

Lets say you have requirement that if customer buys 1000$ value of material A company will give him 2 quantity of material B.

Create a free goods condition type by copying NA00. Don't add this condition type in any pricing schema. This will eliminate need of a Z table.

Maintain condition record in VBN1 with exclusive indicator. Add material A in material field and B in finished goods material field. Maintain value in Min, Qty field and free goods quantity in add. FG field. You can use these fields as per your own wish because this will not have any impact in standard free goods.

Ask your ABAPER to create a program. In this program system will read date range from selection screen of the program and fetch sales value for this date range from VBRK and VBRP. Don't forget to cater sales return and reversed invoices here.

Validate this sales value with table that you have created in above steps and if customer meets the requirement, create FOC order using create order BAPI. FOC material quantity will be read from that table.

I hope this is enough to give some idea. You can change it as per your own need. Discuss this with your ABAPEr and update here and don't forget to close the thread this time so that if someone searches for similar requirement can get a thread with proper solution.

I agree with Jelena Perfiljeva that Google search should give this idea because I have shared this before but I don't think so with this much detail.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Thanks for your support. We will try as you said and let you know. Once requirement is fulfilled I will close this thread. If any thing required in mean while I will post the same.

Thanks

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Experts,

Can we achieve the above mentioned scenario with Rebates. Pl confirm as I did not found the solution exactly what business wants with rebates.

Waiting for experts suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very similar questions have already been posted before on SCN and pretty much the same answers given. Kindly use Google before posting. You might want to search for "cumulative discount site:sap.com".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena

Thanks for your advice. I have checked and I did not found correct answer for the same. That is the reason I have posted. If you have any idea on how to achieve the requirement pl let me know. Also I request you is there any concept in rebates to accrue quantity of material and settle the same instead of amount to be accrued.

Thanks in advance

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not a test, so there is no "correct" answer. What you might find would be different suggestions. Then one should think about similarities and how those suggestions could be applied to a particular scenario. This was posted just a week ago and this one a year ago. If none of them are helpful then there is more where they came from (Google).

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you explored Rebate functionality ?   If not, do a test case

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati

I have tested rebate functionality but we can offer in terms of amount not in terms of quantity of material.

Is there any process to offer a certain quantity of material to customer by accruing in rebates concept. Pl let me know.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati

Any suggestions for the above requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipati

I cannot find the solution with rebates for the abv requirement. Will you pl confirm can we achieve with rebates or not.

Thanks in advance