cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot is required against material uploaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Inspection lot is required against material uploaded??

How can it possible kindly explain me.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

The initial answer to your question is like it depends (but may not necessary) on your business case and we are not sure what is the process you are trying to execute. Your question doesn't necessarily say that you are experiencing issues with inspection lot creation, right?

Normally the word 'stock upload' is used in the context of initial stock creation or inventory posting. Going by this logic and understanding, there can be QM activated with inspection type 05 added to the materials, to upload initial quality stock, etc. Some discussion related to same is added in the below document -

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-61113

In case you are dealing with post uploaded stocks, you can activate inspection type 0800 or 08 to move stocks form quality to blocked, quality to unrestricted, etc with the creation of inspection lots.

To assist your issue better, you need to come up with better questions to get a better answer, as suggested in the thread - Asking Good Questions in the SCN Discussion Spa... | SCN

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Thanks for your positive reply.

Here the scenario is that actually 05 inspection type is activated on ROH materials and HALB material.

Now inspection lot is generated of ROH material against stock uploaded and also inspection lot is generated ROH and HALB both Material type against 262 reversal of consumption Oder (rejection) .Here issue is that inspection lot is not required on HALB material against stock uploaded only required against ROH material during stock uploaded..

In Both case inspection lot created against 05 inspection origin and it is not possible to deactivate inspection lot 05 origin because Rejection lot 262 reversal of consumption orders required both material type ROH and HALB.

Is it possible to define separate origin for only Those inspection lot which will be generated against stock uploaded.

Thanks in advance

poovancheerirajendra
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If you don't want Inspection lot during 262 movement, check the setting in transaction OMJJ for movement type 262 - Deactivate QM Inspection - QM not active is selected and for Inspection lot creation assign Inspection type 05 for material only where you need.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

Please can you go through one of my previous threads - https://scn.sap.com/thread/3688208. This threads speaks about differentiating the scope for MvT 322 with a custom copy MvT, Z22 and try to separate out both the processes to cater across specific scenarios. This will help you decide your To-Be solution process in light of the business process followed.

I am a bit confused with your statement "...Here issue is that inspection lot is not required on HALB material against stock uploaded only required against ROH material during stock uploaded.." Please can you suggest if you are speaking about MvT 561/563/565 for stock upload or you are speaking about materials issue returns via MvT 262? I guess you are talking about differential behavior required for MvT 262 for ROH and HALB. Please correct me if this is not true.

I believe putting MvT 262 in ONJJ (MM-configuration) as "QM not active" will solve your purpose, reason being for the same MvT 262 for ROH materials you need inspection lots to be created, but for the same MvT 262 for HALB material, it seems you do not need inspection lots created. If you make this change directly in OMJJ, it will be applicable at header level, which will not fix your issue.

You can try the below customized approaches (please read the attached thread on a similar case for different MvT..) and suggest if this is fixing your issue -

Approach - A (QM is Active now for MvT 262...)

a) In MB1A/MIGO find user exits which is called to post materials to inspection stocks.

b) When MvT 262 is called, please put a check in that exit to validate what is the material type.

c) If material Type is ROH, then perform as per OMJJ setup, and exit the "IF" loop.

d) If Material type in HALB, you can "SKIP" inspection lot creation at all for those materials.

e) With this approach, the existing config need not be changed in OMJJ.

Approach - B

a) If you ACTIVATE the check for "QM NOT ACTIVE" for MvT 262, then it is a global change.

b) Call the same MB1A/MIGO user exit to check and validate material types as ROH or HALB.

c) If it is ROH, then you need to override the standard SAP selection and make MvT 262 as "QM Active", so that inspection lot is created.

d) If the material is "HALB", the SKIP any further processing and exit the loop. Then this will not create inspection lots for HALB materials.

Please choose the better alternative amongst both and proceed accordingly.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Many thanks for your last positive reply.

Actually 05 origin is active ROH and HALB materials and when I upload the material though 561 movement type inspection lot is generated in QA32 (Insp. lot origin 05) and other side against  262 also inspection lot will be generated  in QA32 (Insp. lot origin 05) of ROH and HALB Material. Inspection lot will be generated because inspection lot 05 origin  is activated in material master (quality View) This is the correct scenario.

Now Against the movement 262 lot is required on both material HALB and ROH that is our need but in case of upload material only we need ROH material inspection lot is required. No inspection lot is required of HALB Material  but due to activation of inspection origin 05 in material master quality view during upload ROH and HALB both material will create the inspection lot…

I create new inspection origin x5 same copy from 05 origin now I want to assign x5  inspection origin for good movement 0f 561 but in back end configuration inspection origin is hard coded.

Kindly elaborate

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

Please can you try the below approaches -

a) Do you really need inspection lot during initial stock upload? If so, you can activate "08" inspection type, as soon as the stock is uploaded in Q- stock and then do transfer posting. You will get inspection lots of type "08" successfully created. This will solve the purpose of initial stock upload dilemma and at the end you will get inspection lots as well to capture inspection results form previous system to new system (Please read the . and it's discussions.)

If you really do not wish to have inspection lots created for HALB materials, then before activating "08" inspection type, please filter out the list of ROH materials and then activate it for those materials only. Then post UD so that the material is posted in Quality/Blocked stock. Once these exercise is done, please activate Inspection type "05" for all materials and then try MvT 262. As initial stock upload is one-time exercise and both the inspection type "08" and "05" have different inspection lot origins, so there is no conflict.

b) Else, please can you check with business as why they wish to NOT HAVE inspection lots for HALB materials during initial stock upload? To save time and efforts for this initial issue, you can schedule Auto UD batch job to process the HALB inspection lots with 05 series. As "05" inspection type is already added to the materials every time, so there is no further conflicts too.

c) Else, for MvT 561, before uploading materials please sort out ROH and HALB materials. For ROH - please activate 05 inspection types only at that time during initial stock upload. Once the stock is updated, post UD so that stocks are appropriately placed in Q-stock or Blocked stock. Post initial stock for HALB without inspection type added to it. Once these are done, then for HALB material activate "05" inspection type, to support quality in MvT 262.

d) Else, in MB1A/MIGO user exit put your custom hard code in such a way that when MvT 561 is called, it should check if the material type is ROH. If so, then go ahead and create an inspection lot of type "05". If the material type is "HALB", then it should SKIP inspection lot creation*. As for both the material types inspection type "05" is activated, only MvT 561 for HALB will not create inspection lots by this process.

Only thing which is coming into my mind [process (c) and (d)] is that as "05" inspection type is ALREADY added in the material, it may start throwing error message "Stock posting possible in QM view Only"!! And if so we are blocked!!

Please can you model all the 4 cases in your sandbox and suggest which one is working for your business case.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

First thanks you so much for your continuous positive reply.

Case A is well and good but there is some issue in case A

our current scenario upload stock without QM activation in OMJJ

I Assign 08 origin of material and I also create inspection plans

After though T. Code MIGO post the material with stock type (Quality Inspection).

But when we post the document error will be show

Change the inspection stock of material 100000000189 in QM only.

Above error will be show because QM inspection is not active in OMJJ movement type 561 if we activate QM inspection in OMJJ then during initial  upload 561 Inspection lot will be generated of ROH and HALB material. But we want only ROH material lots as we previous discussion.

Simply my requirement is that inspection lot is required against 08 inspection type in QA32 only ROH material during initial upload 561.

You can also see the screen shot

Other side if I activate QM in OMJJ and post the stock through MIGO with stock type (Quality inspection) stock will be show in MMBE without inspection lot and those stock will be post through MB1b movement type 321 and lot will not be generated against 08 origin even 08 origin is active against those material and also inspection plan is activate.

A case is much better for me if 08 origin lot  is created only ROH material during upload 561.

You can also see the given screen shot

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

I am again a bit confused here as we were discussing about MvT 561 but you were trying to execute MvT 569 in the screenshots!! Moreover as I said before, inspection type "08" is a logistic transfer posting inspection type, which is not linked to MvT 561, but it is linked to other MvT like 349. You also have not answered to my another query - why it's not possible to create initial 05 inspection lots for HALB materials? You can set UD jobs to process them in background, in case if these list is big!! Ideally, you should try adopting the simplistic approach which solves your purpose. I believe initial stock upload is one time activity so there should not be much issue to get some business approvals.

Not very sure if you have gone through each and every details of our previous communication well and understood them. You have to decide which way you wish to proceed and then develop your test case.

Please can you do these few steps successfully -

a) Please can you filter out the list of materials to be uploaded for ROH and HALB materials. To my understanding this is a critical activity and you can't avoid doing this excel based exercise.

b) In case if you are trying to have stock upload inspection lots for ROH materials during initial stock upload, then ACTIVATE QM FOR MVT 561 IN OMJJ.

c) Assign ROH materials to the initial stock upload inspection plan with usage "5", status "4". This plan can be of good use for initial stock upload inspection lots of type 05 as well as logistic transfer posting inspection type "08".

d) Activate inspection type 05 in material master with "Post to inspection type" usage.

e) THEN ONLY post all ROH materials using MvT 561 and so initial inspection lots for these materials will be created.

f) During this time the initial stock will be "Q"- stock, which can be posted to Unrestricted/Blocked stock using UD code "A" or "R" respectively.

g) As inspection type '05" is already added here, so there will be no issues in using MvT 262.

h) Once all ROH materials are uploaded and initial UD is posted for all ROH materials for 05xxxxxxxxxx inspection lots, then please can you DEACTIVATE QM IN MVT 561.

i) Once QM is deactivated in 561, please can you try uploading HALB materials with MvT 561. Then the initial stock posting will be done to unrestricted stock.

j) Try to issue these uploaded stocks for HALB materials to some DUMMY cost center with MvT 201. Activate inspection type "05" for all these materials and then cancel these material documents in MIGO. Please refer the thread - http://scn.sap.com/thread/1673155 for further clarifications.

k) Then you can use MvT 262 based in your business needs for HALB materials as well.

Please do model these things for one ROH and one HALB material in Sandbox system and suggest if that is working.

Also please do read the SAP documentation - Activating or Deactivating Inspection Types - Basic Data (QM-PT-BD) - SAP Library

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Arijit,

Thanks you so much for your positive reply again and again.

Actually 569 is the same copy of 561 however i post the document through movement type 569 no difference between two movement both movement types are same.

Actually in our business scenario initial stock upload is not one time activity. Stock will be upload as daily basis and also inspection lot will be required against material uploaded daily basic only ROH materials due to some reason.

you tell me just one thing please.

Can we create new inspection origin and assign stock uploaded movement type in new inspection origin and lot will be generated against new inspection origin is it possible ??

just tell me above answer is it possible if possible then explain how we can do this .

Thanks in advance.

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Esha,

Inspection Lot Origin is something Standard SAP has defined and to my understanding, this is something you will not be able to change, copy & recreate. These 'Insp lot Origins" are assigned to the Movement types, and against those origins, applicable inspection type/Types can be reused.

To have you customer specific needs addressed, you can either think of creating a custom MvT, or Custom Inspection type, or a combination of both, or some other logistic process (including enhancements) to deal with your situation.

Some of the applicable approaches has already been discussed, you may think on exploring them better to fix a workaround solution.

You may wait for some further feedback form other consultants, in case if they have any better feedback.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member215526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Esha Kanwal,

Please can you show us the warning error if you have or explain us also the steps done.

Best Regards,

Xavier