cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP on Oracle database overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please advise which job is responsible for collating history information from dbacockpit. Reason being i can see data for db growth by Months, Weeks however cannot see for days. Also the funny thing is the data gets wiped off for Months and weeks after a certain time. There are no DBA calender jobs for any housekeeping(i..e cleanup jobs etc..). The statistics and check db are the only ones scheduled. There are no jobs scheduled from OS via brtools command / scripting. I cannot see any jobs in oracle also that could be responsible.

My suspicion is some parameter at the application level is controlling this behavior and any pointers here are appreciated.

We are on NW 730 SPS7 Leading application is SAP BW with RDBMS Oracle 11.2.0.2.0 and Kernel 720_EXT PL700

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan.

Check in transaction DB02->Space->Additional Functions->Collector Logs->'Modules' Tab
if all Modules has 'ACTIVE' status, with flag 'A' in status column. This are the responsible for different monitoring data collections. If some Modules are inactive, means that the corresponding (hidden  from customer) Function Modules are not executed, thus no monitoring data collected.

P.S.: Please note, 11.2.0.2 Oracle DB is no longer supported. Upgrade as soon as possible to 11.2.0.4 or wait until 12c gets released. Don't postpone the upgrade too long.

Regards,

János

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciate your response, Janos and your remark about the maintenance on 11.2.0.2. Will let you know how the db02 pans out after i test.

Regards

Kalyan

0 Kudos

Hi Kaylan.

Okay. After you activated all modules, you should wait at least one day to give time to refresh the history data. These modules collecting information in different times.

Regards,

János